AVG Protection is a software application. This page holds details on how to remove it from your computer. The Windows version was developed by How to uninstall AVG Protection from your PCAVG Technologies
. Open here
for more info on AVG Technologies. The program is often installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\Setup directory. Take into account that this path can vary being determined by the user's choice. The full command line for uninstalling AVG Protection is C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\Setup\avgsetupx.exe. Note that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you may be prompted for administrator rights. AVG Protection's primary file takes about 3.49 MB (3661072 bytes) and is called avgsetupx.exe.
The following executable files are contained in AVG Protection. They occupy 4.16 MB (4359200
bytes) on disk.
- avgntdumpx.exe (681.77 KB)
- avgsetupx.exe (3.49 MB)
This data is about AVG Protection version 16.161.8039
only. You can find here a few links to other AVG Protection versions:
...click to view all...
If you are manually uninstalling AVG Protection we suggest you to check if the following data is left behind on your PC.Use regedit.exe to manually remove from the Windows Registry the keys below:
Additional registry values that are not cleaned:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\Av\
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\Framework\
AVG Protection is an application marketed by AVG Technologies. Some users try to uninstall this program. This can be troublesome because doing this by hand takes some experience related to PCs. One of the best SIMPLE procedure to uninstall AVG Protection is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to erase AVG Protection from your computer with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows PC, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and all around tool to take care of your Windows computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit Download Link
- download the setup by pressing the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to admire the program's interface and number of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful PC management program.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Press the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the programs existing on the PC will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you find AVG Protection or simply click the Search feature and type in "AVG Protection". The AVG Protection program will be found automatically. Notice that when you select AVG Protection in the list , the following data about the application is shown to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). This explains the opinion other users have about AVG Protection, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the program you are about to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will show up. Confirm the uninstall by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove AVG Protection.
8. After uninstalling AVG Protection, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Press Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items of AVG Protection which have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling AVG Protection with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your PC.
Your system will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.
This page is not a piece of advice to uninstall AVG Protection by AVG Technologies from your PC, nor are we saying that AVG Protection by AVG Technologies is not a good software application. This text only contains detailed info on how to uninstall AVG Protection in case you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2017-09-27 02:35:59.410