AVG Protection is a software application. This page holds details on how to uninstall it from your PC. The Windows version was developed by How to uninstall AVG Protection from your PCAVG Technologies
. Take a look here
where you can get more info on AVG Technologies. AVG Protection is normally set up in the C:\Program Files\AVG\Setup directory, regulated by the user's option. C:\Program Files\AVG\Setup\avgsetupx.exe /mode=offline /uninstall=av is the full command line if you want to remove AVG Protection. The program's main executable file is labeled avgntdumpx.exe and its approximative size is 685.77 KB (702224 bytes).
The executables below are part of AVG Protection. They take an average of 5.52 MB (5788976
bytes) on disk.
- avgntdumpx.exe (685.77 KB)
- avgsetupwrkx.exe (1.71 MB)
- avgsetupx.exe (3.14 MB)
The information on this page is only about version 2016.91.7688
of AVG Protection. You can find here a few links to other AVG Protection releases:
...click to view all...
Some files and registry entries are usually left behind when you uninstall AVG Protection.Check for and remove the following files from your disk when you uninstall AVG Protection:
Registry that is not uninstalled:
- C:\Program Files\AVG\Av\avgcomdlgx.exe
Additional registry values that you should delete:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.C\Application Data\AVG\AV\
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.C\Application Data\AVG\log\
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.C\Start Menu\Programs\AVG\
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C:\Program Files\AVG\Av\
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C:\Program Files\AVG\Framework\
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\StandardProfile\AuthorizedApplications\List\C:\Program Files\AVG\Av\avgdiagex.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\StandardProfile\AuthorizedApplications\List\C:\Program Files\AVG\Av\avgemcx.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\StandardProfile\AuthorizedApplications\List\C:\Program Files\AVG\Av\avgmfapx.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\StandardProfile\AuthorizedApplications\List\C:\Program Files\AVG\Av\avgnsx.exe
AVG Protection is an application by AVG Technologies. Frequently, computer users try to remove this application. Sometimes this is difficult because performing this by hand requires some know-how regarding removing Windows programs manually. One of the best SIMPLE action to remove AVG Protection is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: How to remove AVG Protection from your PC with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your PC, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and all around utility to take care of your PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to Download Link
- download the setup by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to get familiar with the program's interface and wealth of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good package of utilities.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs button
5. A list of the programs installed on your PC will be made available to you
6. Scroll the list of programs until you locate AVG Protection or simply click the Search feature and type in "AVG Protection". If it exists on your system the AVG Protection app will be found automatically. When you select AVG Protection in the list of apps, the following data regarding the program is available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other users have regarding AVG Protection, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the app you are about to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will come up. accept the uninstall by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will remove AVG Protection.
8. After removing AVG Protection, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to perform the cleanup. All the items that belong AVG Protection which have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling AVG Protection using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry items, files or folders are left behind on your disk.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to serve you properly.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to remove AVG Protection by AVG Technologies from your computer, nor are we saying that AVG Protection by AVG Technologies is not a good application for your computer. This text simply contains detailed info on how to remove AVG Protection in case you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-07-01 11:11:52.743