This page is about AVG Protection for Windows. Below you can find details on how to remove it from your computer. It was created for Windows by A guide to uninstall AVG Protection from your PCAVG Technologies
. Check out here
for more info on AVG Technologies. The application is usually installed in the C:\Programmi\AVG\Setup directory (same installation drive as Windows). The full uninstall command line for AVG Protection is C:\Programmi\AVG\Setup\avgsetupx.exe /mode=offline /uninstall=av. avgntdumpx.exe is the AVG Protection's primary executable file and it occupies close to 659.41 KB (675240 bytes) on disk.
AVG Protection contains of the executables below. They take 5.78 MB (6058232
bytes) on disk.
- avgntdumpx.exe (659.41 KB)
- avgsetupwrkx.exe (2.13 MB)
- avgsetupx.exe (3.00 MB)
This info is about AVG Protection version 2016.3.7134
only. You can find below info on other releases of AVG Protection:
...click to view all...
If you are manually uninstalling AVG Protection we advise you to check if the following data is left behind on your PC.You will find in the Windows Registry that the following data will not be uninstalled; remove them one by one using regedit.exe:
Open regedit.exe in order to delete the following registry values:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\AVG Zen\
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\AVG\
AVG Protection is a program marketed by the software company AVG Technologies. Sometimes, users want to remove it. Sometimes this is efortful because deleting this manually requires some advanced knowledge regarding removing Windows applications by hand. One of the best EASY approach to remove AVG Protection is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to erase AVG Protection from your PC with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows PC, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and all around tool to optimize your Windows system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and wealth of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good program.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the programs installed on the computer will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you find AVG Protection or simply click the Search feature and type in "AVG Protection". If it is installed on your PC the AVG Protection program will be found automatically. When you select AVG Protection in the list , some data regarding the application is made available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). This tells you the opinion other users have regarding AVG Protection, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the app you are about to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will come up. Confirm the uninstall by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall AVG Protection.
8. After removing AVG Protection, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Click Next to perform the cleanup. All the items that belong AVG Protection which have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing AVG Protection with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry items, files or directories are left behind on your PC.
Your Windows system will remain clean, speedy and able to serve you properly.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to uninstall AVG Protection by AVG Technologies from your PC, nor are we saying that AVG Protection by AVG Technologies is not a good application for your computer. This page simply contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall AVG Protection in case you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-06-23 09:21:27.637