AVG Protection is a Windows application. Read below about how to uninstall it from your PC. The Windows version was created by A guide to uninstall AVG Protection from your systemAVG Technologies
. You can read more on AVG Technologies or check for application updates here
. The application is usually installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\Setup directory. Keep in mind that this location can differ depending on the user's decision. The full command line for removing AVG Protection is C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\Setup\avgsetupx.exe /mode=offline /uninstall=av. Note that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you may receive a notification for admin rights. The application's main executable file has a size of 687.77 KB (704272 bytes) on disk and is titled avgntdumpx.exe.
AVG Protection installs the following the executables on your PC, taking about 5.53 MB (5800240
bytes) on disk.
- avgntdumpx.exe (687.77 KB)
- avgsetupwrkx.exe (1.71 MB)
- avgsetupx.exe (3.15 MB)
The current page applies to AVG Protection version 2016.81.7639
only. For more AVG Protection versions please click below:
...click to view all...
Several files, folders and registry entries will not be removed when you are trying to remove AVG Protection from your computer.Use regedit.exe to manually remove from the Windows Registry the data below:
Additional registry values that you should clean:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\AVG\
AVG Protection is a program released by the software company AVG Technologies. Sometimes, people try to erase it. Sometimes this can be efortful because doing this by hand takes some advanced knowledge regarding removing Windows programs manually. The best SIMPLE practice to erase AVG Protection is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to remove AVG Protection from your PC with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows system, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is an efficient uninstaller and all around utility to optimize your Windows system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by pressing the green DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to get familiar with the program's design and number of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good package of tools.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs button
5. A list of the programs installed on your computer will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you find AVG Protection or simply activate the Search feature and type in "AVG Protection". If it exists on your system the AVG Protection program will be found automatically. After you select AVG Protection in the list of apps, the following information regarding the program is made available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating explains the opinion other users have regarding AVG Protection, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the application you want to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will appear. accept the removal by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall AVG Protection.
8. After uninstalling AVG Protection, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to perform the cleanup. All the items of AVG Protection that have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling AVG Protection using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your PC.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and able to run without errors or problems.
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to remove AVG Protection by AVG Technologies from your PC, nor are we saying that AVG Protection by AVG Technologies is not a good application for your computer. This page only contains detailed instructions on how to remove AVG Protection supposing you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-06-18 20:03:12.970