This page contains detailed information on how to uninstall AVG Protection for Windows. The Windows release was developed by A guide to uninstall AVG Protection from your PCAVG Technologies
. Additional info about AVG Technologies can be read here
. Usually the AVG Protection program is installed in the C:\Program Files\AVG\Setup folder, depending on the user's option during setup. C:\Program Files\AVG\Setup\avgsetupx.exe /mode=offline /uninstall=av is the full command line if you want to uninstall AVG Protection. The program's main executable file is called avgntdumpx.exe and occupies 678.91 KB (695208 bytes).
The following executable files are contained in AVG Protection. They take 5.82 MB (6103800
bytes) on disk.
- avgntdumpx.exe (678.91 KB)
- avgsetupwrkx.exe (2.14 MB)
- avgsetupx.exe (3.02 MB)
The information on this page is only about version 2016.41.7442
of AVG Protection. For other AVG Protection versions please click below:
...click to view all...
A considerable amount of files, folders and Windows registry entries will not be removed when you want to remove AVG Protection from your PC.Registry that is not uninstalled:
Use regedit.exe to delete the following additional values from the Windows Registry:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\Av\
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\Framework\
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\AVG\
AVG Protection is a program marketed by the software company AVG Technologies. Frequently, computer users want to erase this application. Sometimes this is efortful because performing this by hand takes some skill related to removing Windows applications by hand. One of the best EASY practice to erase AVG Protection is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: A way to remove AVG Protection from your computer with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your system, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is one of the best uninstaller and general tool to maximize the performance of your system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by clicking on the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and wealth of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good Windows tool.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs tool
5. All the programs existing on your PC will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you find AVG Protection or simply click the Search field and type in "AVG Protection". If it is installed on your PC the AVG Protection application will be found very quickly. After you click AVG Protection in the list , the following information about the application is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). This explains the opinion other users have about AVG Protection, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the application you wish to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will appear. accept the uninstall by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will uninstall AVG Protection.
8. After removing AVG Protection, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Click Next to perform the cleanup. All the items of AVG Protection that have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling AVG Protection with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your system.
Your Windows computer will remain clean, speedy and able to serve you properly.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to uninstall AVG Protection by AVG Technologies from your computer, nor are we saying that AVG Protection by AVG Technologies is not a good application for your PC. This text only contains detailed info on how to uninstall AVG Protection in case you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-06-19 09:07:22.680