This page is about AVG Protection for Windows. Here you can find details on how to remove it from your computer. It was created for Windows by A guide to uninstall AVG Protection from your computerAVG Technologies
. Go over here
where you can read more on AVG Technologies. AVG Protection is normally set up in the C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\Antivirus directory, however this location can vary a lot depending on the user's option when installing the application. The full command line for uninstalling AVG Protection is C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\Setup\avgsetupx.exe /mode=offline /uninstall=bav. Note that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you might receive a notification for administrator rights. AVGUI.exe is the AVG Protection's main executable file and it occupies circa 9.42 MB (9880400 bytes) on disk.
AVG Protection contains of the executables below. They take 36.83 MB (38622752
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- ashQuick.exe (134.78 KB)
- ashUpd.exe (371.63 KB)
- asulaunch.exe (30.12 KB)
- aswChLic.exe (247.75 KB)
- aswRunDll.exe (925.59 KB)
- avBugReport.exe (3.00 MB)
- AvDump32.exe (624.76 KB)
- AvEmUpdate.exe (1.68 MB)
- AVGSvc.exe (253.98 KB)
- AVGUI.exe (9.42 MB)
- DataSafeMonitor.exe (617.14 KB)
- RegSvr.exe (894.18 KB)
- sched.exe (221.45 KB)
- VisthAux.exe (260.48 KB)
- wsc_proxy.exe (108.38 KB)
- openvpn.exe (647.04 KB)
- tapinstall.exe (86.73 KB)
- aswOfferTool.exe (2.21 MB)
- AvDump64.exe (768.92 KB)
- instup.exe (772.87 KB)
- InstallCrt.exe (712.55 KB)
- avgBoot.exe (394.59 KB)
- aswidsagenta.exe (5.89 MB)
- Gf2Vss.exe (193.10 KB)
- RegSvr.exe (1.11 MB)
- SetupInf.exe (1.08 MB)
The current page applies to AVG Protection version 17.1.3004
only. You can find below a few links to other AVG Protection versions:
...click to view all...
AVG Protection is a program marketed by AVG Technologies. Sometimes, users try to uninstall this application. Sometimes this can be troublesome because performing this manually requires some advanced knowledge related to PCs. One of the best EASY procedure to uninstall AVG Protection is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to erase AVG Protection from your PC using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your PC, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is the best uninstaller and all around utility to optimize your computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit Download Link
- download the program by pressing the green DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to get familiar with the program's design and number of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful Windows optimizer.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs tool
5. All the applications installed on the PC will be made available to you
6. Scroll the list of applications until you find AVG Protection or simply click the Search field and type in "AVG Protection". If it exists on your system the AVG Protection program will be found automatically. Notice that when you select AVG Protection in the list of programs, the following data regarding the program is shown to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). This explains the opinion other users have regarding AVG Protection, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the application you want to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will show up. accept the removal by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall AVG Protection.
8. After removing AVG Protection, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to perform the cleanup. All the items that belong AVG Protection which have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By removing AVG Protection with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your system.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to take on new tasks.
The text above is not a piece of advice to uninstall AVG Protection by AVG Technologies from your PC, we are not saying that AVG Protection by AVG Technologies is not a good application. This page only contains detailed info on how to uninstall AVG Protection in case you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2017-01-04 13:15:24.420