CCleaner is a Windows program. Read below about how to uninstall it from your PC. It is written by A guide to uninstall CCleaner from your systemPiriform
. You can read more on Piriform or check for application updates here
. The program is often located in the C:\Program Files\CCleaner directory. Take into account that this location can vary depending on the user's choice. You can remove CCleaner by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files\CCleaner\uninst.exe. Note that you might receive a notification for admin rights. CCleaner's main file takes around 5.99 MB (6277912 bytes) and is named CCleaner64.exe.
The executables below are part of CCleaner. They occupy about 10.53 MB (11043840
bytes) on disk.
- CCleaner.exe (4.40 MB)
- CCleaner64.exe (5.99 MB)
- uninst.exe (148.45 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 4.12
of CCleaner. You can find below info on other releases of CCleaner:
...click to view all...
If planning to uninstall CCleaner you should check if the following data is left behind on your PC.Directories left on disk:
Generally, the following files are left on disk:
- C:\Program Files\CCleaner
You will find in the Windows Registry that the following keys will not be removed; remove them one by one using regedit.exe:
- C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner.exe
- C:\Program Files\CCleaner\uninst.exe
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\DOMStore\4YXN0T6C\www.ccleaner.xml
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\EGAHK126\ccleaner-logo--small.jpg
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\EGAHK126\release-notes__ccleaner-box.png
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\SS6W77RV\release-notes__bg-ccleaner.jpg
Additional registry values that you should remove:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\DOMStorage\ccleaner.com
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\DOMStorage\www.ccleaner.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C:\Program Files\CCleaner\
CCleaner is a program offered by Piriform. Frequently, computer users choose to erase it. Sometimes this is efortful because deleting this by hand requires some experience regarding removing Windows programs manually. One of the best EASY procedure to erase CCleaner is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: How to erase CCleaner using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your PC, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is an efficient uninstaller and general tool to maximize the performance of your PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by pressing the green DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to admire the program's design and wealth of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful program.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs tool
5. A list of the applications installed on the computer will be made available to you
6. Navigate the list of applications until you find CCleaner or simply click the Search feature and type in "CCleaner". If it is installed on your PC the CCleaner app will be found very quickly. After you click CCleaner in the list of applications, the following information regarding the program is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). This explains the opinion other people have regarding CCleaner, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the program you wish to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will show up. Confirm the uninstall by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall CCleaner.
8. After removing CCleaner, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items that belong CCleaner that have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing CCleaner using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry items, files or directories are left behind on your computer.
Your system will remain clean, speedy and ready to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a piece of advice to remove CCleaner by Piriform from your PC, nor are we saying that CCleaner by Piriform is not a good application for your PC. This text simply contains detailed instructions on how to remove CCleaner in case you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-06-18 20:07:11.940