This page contains complete information on how to remove CCleaner for Windows. The Windows release was developed by A way to uninstall CCleaner from your computerPiriform
. More information on Piriform can be seen here
. The application is frequently located in the C:\Program Files\CCleaner directory (same installation drive as Windows). You can uninstall CCleaner by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files\CCleaner\uninst.exe. Keep in mind that you might get a notification for admin rights. CCleaner64.exe is the CCleaner's primary executable file and it takes about 27.92 MB (29271224 bytes) on disk.
CCleaner installs the following the executables on your PC, occupying about 53.49 MB (56085824
bytes) on disk.
- CCleaner.exe (23.62 MB)
- CCleaner64.exe (27.92 MB)
- CCUpdate.exe (670.30 KB)
- uninst.exe (1.29 MB)
The current web page applies to CCleaner version 5.70
alone. Click on the links below for other CCleaner versions:
...click to view all...
Many files, folders and Windows registry data can be left behind when you are trying to remove CCleaner from your PC.Generally, the following files are left on disk:
You will find in the Windows Registry that the following data will not be cleaned; remove them one by one using regedit.exe:
Registry values that are not removed from your PC:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\DOMStorage\ccleaner.com
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\DOMStorage\www.ccleaner.com
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\EdpDomStorage\ccleaner.com
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\EdpDomStorage\www.ccleaner.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\ccleaner.exe
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files\CCleaner\ccleaner.exe.ApplicationCompany
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files\CCleaner\ccleaner.exe.FriendlyAppName
CCleaner is an application by Piriform. Some computer users choose to erase this application. Sometimes this is troublesome because uninstalling this by hand takes some knowledge related to Windows internal functioning. The best QUICK action to erase CCleaner is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: How to remove CCleaner from your PC with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows system, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is the best uninstaller and all around utility to take care of your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to Download Link
- download the setup by pressing the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to admire the program's interface and number of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful system utility.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the programs installed on your computer will be shown to you
6. Scroll the list of programs until you find CCleaner or simply activate the Search field and type in "CCleaner". If it is installed on your PC the CCleaner application will be found automatically. After you select CCleaner in the list of apps, the following data about the program is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other users have about CCleaner, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details about the application you wish to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will show up. Confirm the uninstall by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will uninstall CCleaner.
8. After uninstalling CCleaner, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Click Next to start the cleanup. All the items that belong CCleaner that have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling CCleaner using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry items, files or folders are left behind on your PC.
Your Windows computer will remain clean, speedy and ready to serve you properly.
The text above is not a piece of advice to uninstall CCleaner by Piriform from your computer, nor are we saying that CCleaner by Piriform is not a good application. This text simply contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall CCleaner supposing you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2020-08-06 14:43:24.177