This page is about CCleaner for Windows. Below you can find details on how to uninstall it from your PC. The Windows version was developed by A guide to uninstall CCleaner from your PCPiriform
. Further information on Piriform can be found here
. Usually the CCleaner program is found in the C:\Program Files\CCleaner folder, depending on the user's option during install. C:\Program Files\CCleaner\uninst.exe is the full command line if you want to uninstall CCleaner. CCleaner's main file takes around 25.67 MB (26913848 bytes) and is named CCleaner.exe.
CCleaner contains of the executables below. They occupy 58.55 MB (61390824
bytes) on disk.
- CCleaner.exe (25.67 MB)
- CCleaner64.exe (30.94 MB)
- CCUpdate.exe (670.30 KB)
- uninst.exe (1.29 MB)
This web page is about CCleaner version 5.76
only. For more CCleaner versions please click below:
...click to view all...
Some files and registry entries are frequently left behind when you uninstall CCleaner.Directories left on disk:
Check for and remove the following files from your disk when you uninstall CCleaner:
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\AVAST Software\Browser\User Data\Default\Extensions\ekmkelgimdicdgkflkakgmjcghgpdnji\188.8.131.52_0\img\logos\ccleaner
You will find in the Windows Registry that the following data will not be removed; remove them one by one using regedit.exe:
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\AVAST Software\Browser\User Data\Default\Extensions\ekmkelgimdicdgkflkakgmjcghgpdnji\184.108.40.206_0\img\logos\ccleaner\icon.svg
Registry values that are not removed from your computer:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\ccleaner.exe
CCleaner is an application by Piriform. Sometimes, users want to erase this application. This can be efortful because performing this by hand takes some skill related to Windows internal functioning. One of the best QUICK approach to erase CCleaner is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: A way to erase CCleaner from your PC using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your PC, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is an efficient uninstaller and all around utility to clean your computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to Download Link
- download the setup by clicking on the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to get familiar with the program's design and number of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful program.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs button
5. All the programs installed on the PC will be shown to you
6. Scroll the list of programs until you find CCleaner or simply activate the Search field and type in "CCleaner". The CCleaner program will be found very quickly. When you select CCleaner in the list of programs, some information about the application is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). This tells you the opinion other people have about CCleaner, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details about the app you wish to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will come up. Confirm the removal by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then remove CCleaner.
8. After removing CCleaner, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Press Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items of CCleaner that have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling CCleaner using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your system.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to serve you properly.
The text above is not a recommendation to uninstall CCleaner by Piriform from your computer, we are not saying that CCleaner by Piriform is not a good application for your computer. This page only contains detailed info on how to uninstall CCleaner in case you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2021-01-13 13:18:01.043