You can find on this page detailed information on how to remove CCleaner for Windows. The Windows version was developed by A way to uninstall CCleaner from your computerPiriform
. Go over here
for more information on Piriform. CCleaner is typically installed in the C:\Program Files\CCleaner directory, but this location may vary a lot depending on the user's choice when installing the program. The full command line for uninstalling CCleaner is C:\Program Files\CCleaner\uninst.exe. Note that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you might get a notification for administrator rights. The application's main executable file has a size of 21.45 MB (22488952 bytes) on disk and is named CCleaner64.exe.
CCleaner is comprised of the following executables which take 38.67 MB (40548552
bytes) on disk:
- CCleaner.exe (15.73 MB)
- CCleaner64.exe (21.45 MB)
- CCUpdate.exe (604.90 KB)
- uninst.exe (923.55 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 5.55
of CCleaner. You can find here a few links to other CCleaner releases:
...click to view all...
CCleaner has the habit of leaving behind some leftovers.Directories found on disk:
- C:\Program Files\CCleaner
Frequently the following registry keys will not be uninstalled:
- C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner.exe
- C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCUpdate.exe
- C:\Program Files\CCleaner\uninst.exe
CCleaner is a program released by the software company Piriform. Sometimes, computer users try to remove this application. Sometimes this can be difficult because doing this manually takes some skill regarding Windows internal functioning. The best EASY approach to remove CCleaner is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to delete CCleaner from your PC with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows system, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and all around tool to optimize your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to Download Link
- download the setup by clicking on the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and number of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful package of tools.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Press the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the programs existing on your computer will be shown to you
6. Scroll the list of programs until you find CCleaner or simply activate the Search field and type in "CCleaner". If it is installed on your PC the CCleaner application will be found automatically. When you click CCleaner in the list of applications, the following information about the program is available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). This explains the opinion other people have about CCleaner, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the program you wish to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
7. Click the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will show up. Confirm the uninstall by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall CCleaner.
8. After uninstalling CCleaner, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to perform the cleanup. All the items of CCleaner that have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling CCleaner with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your computer.
Your system will remain clean, speedy and ready to take on new tasks.
The text above is not a recommendation to remove CCleaner by Piriform from your computer, nor are we saying that CCleaner by Piriform is not a good software application. This text only contains detailed instructions on how to remove CCleaner supposing you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2019-03-12 14:11:28.653