CCleaner is a software application. This page contains details on how to uninstall it from your PC. The Windows version was developed by A guide to uninstall CCleaner from your systemPiriform
. Take a look here
for more info on Piriform. CCleaner is normally installed in the C:\Program Files\CCleaner directory, however this location may vary a lot depending on the user's decision while installing the program. You can uninstall CCleaner by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files\CCleaner\uninst.exe. Keep in mind that you might be prompted for administrator rights. CCleaner64.exe is the programs's main file and it takes about 8.19 MB (8591272 bytes) on disk.
The following executables are installed together with CCleaner. They occupy about 14.64 MB (15347480
bytes) on disk.
- CCleaner.exe (6.30 MB)
- CCleaner64.exe (8.19 MB)
- uninst.exe (150.45 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 5.12
of CCleaner. For more CCleaner versions please click below:
...click to view all...
A considerable amount of files, folders and Windows registry entries can not be deleted when you are trying to remove CCleaner from your computer.Directories left on disk:
The files below were left behind on your disk by CCleaner when you uninstall it:
- C:\Program Files\CCleaner
Registry that is not cleaned:
- C:\Program Files\CCleaner\branding.dll
- C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner64.exe
- C:\Program Files\CCleaner\Lang\lang-1034.dll
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\ccleaner.exe
CCleaner is an application marketed by the software company Piriform. Frequently, people choose to remove this application. Sometimes this can be easier said than done because doing this manually requires some knowledge regarding removing Windows programs manually. The best QUICK way to remove CCleaner is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: A way to erase CCleaner using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows PC, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very potent uninstaller and general tool to optimize your Windows computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to Download Link
- download the program by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to get familiar with the program's interface and number of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful system optimizer.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs tool
5. A list of the applications installed on your PC will appear
6. Scroll the list of applications until you locate CCleaner or simply click the Search field and type in "CCleaner". The CCleaner program will be found automatically. Notice that after you select CCleaner in the list of applications, some information regarding the application is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating explains the opinion other people have regarding CCleaner, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the app you wish to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will show up. accept the uninstall by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove CCleaner.
8. After uninstalling CCleaner, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to start the cleanup. All the items of CCleaner which have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing CCleaner with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry items, files or directories are left behind on your PC.
Your Windows computer will remain clean, speedy and able to serve you properly.
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a piece of advice to remove CCleaner by Piriform from your PC, nor are we saying that CCleaner by Piriform is not a good application. This text only contains detailed instructions on how to remove CCleaner supposing you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-06-18 20:08:23.970