This web page contains detailed information on how to remove CCleaner for Windows. The Windows release was created by A guide to uninstall CCleaner from your PCPiriform
. More information on Piriform can be seen here
. Usually the CCleaner application is installed in the C:\Program Files\CCleaner directory, depending on the user's option during setup. C:\Program Files\CCleaner\uninst.exe is the full command line if you want to uninstall CCleaner. CCleaner.exe is the CCleaner's primary executable file and it occupies approximately 3.47 MB (3643160 bytes) on disk.
CCleaner is comprised of the following executables which occupy 3.62 MB (3795136
bytes) on disk:
- CCleaner.exe (3.47 MB)
- uninst.exe (148.41 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 4.04
of CCleaner. You can find here a few links to other CCleaner releases:
...click to view all...
After the uninstall process, the application leaves some files behind on the PC. Part_A few of these are listed below.Directories found on disk:
Registry that is not removed:
- C:\Program Files\CCleaner
CCleaner is a program offered by the software company Piriform. Frequently, people choose to remove this application. This is difficult because performing this by hand takes some advanced knowledge regarding removing Windows programs manually. The best EASY solution to remove CCleaner is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: A way to uninstall CCleaner using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows system, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and all around utility to optimize your Windows computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and number of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good program.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs button
5. All the programs installed on the computer will be made available to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you find CCleaner or simply click the Search feature and type in "CCleaner". If it is installed on your PC the CCleaner application will be found very quickly. After you click CCleaner in the list of apps, some data about the program is available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). This explains the opinion other people have about CCleaner, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the program you wish to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will appear. Confirm the removal by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove CCleaner.
8. After removing CCleaner, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items of CCleaner which have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling CCleaner with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry items, files or folders are left behind on your computer.
Your Windows system will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to uninstall CCleaner by Piriform from your PC, nor are we saying that CCleaner by Piriform is not a good software application. This page simply contains detailed info on how to uninstall CCleaner in case you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-06-19 15:00:50.520