You can find below details on how to remove CCleaner for Windows. The Windows version was developed by A way to uninstall CCleaner from your systemPiriform
. You can find out more on Piriform or check for application updates here
. CCleaner is normally set up in the C:\Program Files\CCleaner directory, however this location may vary a lot depending on the user's decision when installing the program. The full command line for uninstalling CCleaner is C:\Program Files\CCleaner\uninst.exe. Keep in mind that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you might get a notification for administrator rights. CCleaner64.exe is the CCleaner's primary executable file and it occupies about 3.23 MB (3390264 bytes) on disk.
CCleaner is comprised of the following executables which occupy 5.41 MB (5674544
bytes) on disk:
- CCleaner.exe (2.06 MB)
- CCleaner64.exe (3.23 MB)
- uninst.exe (125.44 KB)
This page is about CCleaner version 3.01
only. For more CCleaner versions please click below:
...click to view all...
Some files and registry entries are usually left behind when you remove CCleaner.You should delete the folders below after you uninstall CCleaner:
Generally, the following files remain on disk:
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\CCleaner
- C:\Program Files\CCleaner
Registry that is not uninstalled:
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop\CCleaner.lnk
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\CCleaner\CCleaner.lnk
- C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner.exe
- C:\Program Files\CCleaner\Lang\lang-1025.dll
Use regedit.exe to delete the following additional values from the Windows Registry:
CCleaner is an application marketed by Piriform. Frequently, users choose to erase this application. Sometimes this can be easier said than done because removing this manually requires some know-how regarding Windows internal functioning. One of the best QUICK manner to erase CCleaner is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to erase CCleaner from your PC with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your system, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is the best uninstaller and general tool to maximize the performance of your system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to Download Link
- download the setup by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and wealth of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful system optimizer.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the applications existing on the computer will appear
6. Scroll the list of applications until you find CCleaner or simply activate the Search feature and type in "CCleaner". The CCleaner application will be found automatically. Notice that after you click CCleaner in the list of apps, some information regarding the application is made available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating explains the opinion other users have regarding CCleaner, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the application you want to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will come up. Confirm the removal by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove CCleaner.
8. After removing CCleaner, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Press Next to perform the cleanup. All the items that belong CCleaner which have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling CCleaner with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your disk.
Your computer will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to remove CCleaner by Piriform from your computer, we are not saying that CCleaner by Piriform is not a good application for your computer. This text simply contains detailed info on how to remove CCleaner supposing you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-06-19 05:40:44.920