You can find below details on how to remove CCleaner for Windows. It is written by A guide to uninstall CCleaner from your PCPiriform
. Open here
for more info on Piriform. Usually the CCleaner program is installed in the C:\Program Files\CCleaner folder, depending on the user's option during setup. You can remove CCleaner by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files\CCleaner\uninst.exe. Note that you might receive a notification for administrator rights. CCleaner.exe is the programs's main file and it takes approximately 7.45 MB (7814656 bytes) on disk.
CCleaner contains of the executables below. They take 17.66 MB (18515704
bytes) on disk.
- CCleaner.exe (7.45 MB)
- CCleaner64.exe (9.56 MB)
- CCUpdate.exe (486.80 KB)
- uninst.exe (177.27 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 5.36
of CCleaner. You can find below info on other application versions of CCleaner:
...click to view all...
Following the uninstall process, the application leaves some files behind on the PC. Some of these are listed below.Registry keys:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\ccleaner.exe
CCleaner is an application marketed by Piriform. Some people try to remove it. This is efortful because doing this manually requires some knowledge related to Windows program uninstallation. The best SIMPLE approach to remove CCleaner is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to uninstall CCleaner from your computer with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows PC, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and all around utility to maximize the performance of your Windows system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to Download Link
- download the program by pressing the DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to get familiar with the program's interface and number of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good system utility.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs tool
5. All the programs installed on the PC will be made available to you
6. Scroll the list of programs until you locate CCleaner or simply click the Search field and type in "CCleaner". If it is installed on your PC the CCleaner program will be found very quickly. When you click CCleaner in the list of apps, the following information regarding the program is shown to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating explains the opinion other people have regarding CCleaner, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the app you wish to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will appear. Confirm the removal by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will remove CCleaner.
8. After uninstalling CCleaner, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Click Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items of CCleaner which have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By removing CCleaner with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry items, files or directories are left behind on your computer.
Your system will remain clean, speedy and able to run without errors or problems.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to remove CCleaner by Piriform from your PC, nor are we saying that CCleaner by Piriform is not a good application for your PC. This page simply contains detailed instructions on how to remove CCleaner in case you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2017-10-24 11:11:10.860