CCleaner is a Windows program. Read below about how to remove it from your computer. The Windows release was created by How to uninstall CCleaner from your computerPiriform
. You can find out more on Piriform or check for application updates here
. The program is frequently installed in the C:\Program Files\CCleaner folder (same installation drive as Windows). The full command line for removing CCleaner is C:\Program Files\CCleaner\uninst.exe. Note that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you might get a notification for admin rights. The program's main executable file is labeled CCleaner.exe and its approximative size is 7.01 MB (7347928 bytes).
CCleaner is composed of the following executables which occupy 15.94 MB (16711600
bytes) on disk:
- CCleaner.exe (7.01 MB)
- CCleaner64.exe (8.93 MB)
The current web page applies to CCleaner version 5.27
only. For more CCleaner versions please click below:
...click to view all...
Following the uninstall process, the application leaves some files behind on the PC. Part_A few of these are shown below.Files remaining:
Use regedit.exe to manually remove from the Windows Registry the data below:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\ccleaner.exe
CCleaner is a program offered by Piriform. Some people decide to uninstall this program. This can be hard because uninstalling this by hand requires some knowledge regarding removing Windows applications by hand. One of the best EASY way to uninstall CCleaner is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to delete CCleaner with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your system, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is one of the best uninstaller and general tool to clean your system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit Download Link
- download the program by pressing the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to get familiar with the program's interface and wealth of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful PC management program.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs button
5. All the applications installed on your computer will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of applications until you find CCleaner or simply click the Search field and type in "CCleaner". If it exists on your system the CCleaner program will be found very quickly. When you select CCleaner in the list , the following information about the program is shown to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). This tells you the opinion other users have about CCleaner, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the application you want to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will show up. Confirm the uninstall by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall CCleaner.
8. After uninstalling CCleaner, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Click Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items of CCleaner which have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling CCleaner using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry items, files or directories are left behind on your disk.
Your Windows system will remain clean, speedy and ready to run without errors or problems.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to uninstall CCleaner by Piriform from your PC, we are not saying that CCleaner by Piriform is not a good application. This text only contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall CCleaner in case you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2017-02-14 11:38:06.467