CCleaner is a computer program. This page is comprised of details on how to uninstall it from your computer. It was coded for Windows by A guide to uninstall CCleaner from your PCPiriform
. You can read more on Piriform or check for application updates here
. The application is frequently found in the C:\Program Files\CCleaner directory (same installation drive as Windows). You can remove CCleaner by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files\CCleaner\uninst.exe. Note that you might get a notification for admin rights. CCleaner64.exe is the programs's main file and it takes circa 31.63 MB (33169992 bytes) on disk.
CCleaner installs the following the executables on your PC, occupying about 59.92 MB (62828392
bytes) on disk.
- CCleaner.exe (26.34 MB)
- CCleaner64.exe (31.63 MB)
- CCUpdate.exe (668.92 KB)
- uninst.exe (1.29 MB)
The current page applies to CCleaner version 5.78
alone. You can find here a few links to other CCleaner releases:
...click to view all...
If you are manually uninstalling CCleaner we advise you to check if the following data is left behind on your PC.Check for and delete the following files from your disk when you uninstall CCleaner:
You will find in the Windows Registry that the following keys will not be cleaned; remove them one by one using regedit.exe:
- C:\UserNames\UserName\AppData\Roaming\IObit\IObit Uninstaller\InstallLog\HKLM-CCleaner.ini
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\ccleaner.exe
CCleaner is an application by the software company Piriform. Frequently, people try to uninstall this program. This is easier said than done because performing this by hand requires some skill related to Windows internal functioning. The best SIMPLE procedure to uninstall CCleaner is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: A way to delete CCleaner from your computer using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your PC, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and general tool to maximize the performance of your system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to Download Link
- download the program by pressing the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to admire the program's design and number of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful Windows optimizer.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs tool
5. All the applications existing on the computer will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of applications until you find CCleaner or simply activate the Search field and type in "CCleaner". If it is installed on your PC the CCleaner application will be found very quickly. Notice that after you select CCleaner in the list of programs, the following data about the application is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). This explains the opinion other people have about CCleaner, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details about the program you wish to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will show up. Confirm the removal by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will uninstall CCleaner.
8. After removing CCleaner, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items of CCleaner that have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling CCleaner with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry items, files or folders are left behind on your system.
Your computer will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.
The text above is not a piece of advice to uninstall CCleaner by Piriform from your PC, nor are we saying that CCleaner by Piriform is not a good software application. This text simply contains detailed info on how to uninstall CCleaner supposing you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2021-03-25 09:23:14.750