This page is about CCleaner for Windows. Here you can find details on how to uninstall it from your computer. It is made by How to uninstall CCleaner from your systemPiriform
. You can find out more on Piriform or check for application updates here
. CCleaner is usually set up in the C:\Program Files\CCleaner directory, subject to the user's option. The full command line for uninstalling CCleaner is C:\Program Files\CCleaner\uninst.exe. Keep in mind that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you may be prompted for administrator rights. The application's main executable file has a size of 25.54 MB (26782904 bytes) on disk and is labeled CCleaner.exe.
The executable files below are part of CCleaner. They occupy an average of 58.27 MB (61101536
bytes) on disk.
- CCleaner.exe (25.54 MB)
- CCleaner64.exe (30.79 MB)
- CCUpdate.exe (670.30 KB)
- uninst.exe (1.29 MB)
The information on this page is only about version 5.74
of CCleaner. You can find below a few links to other CCleaner releases:
...click to view all...
Some files and registry entries are usually left behind when you remove CCleaner.Many times the following registry keys will not be uninstalled:
Additional values that you should delete:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupreg\CCleaner Smart Cleaning
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\ccleaner.exe
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner64.exe
CCleaner is an application released by the software company Piriform. Frequently, users try to remove this application. This is easier said than done because doing this by hand requires some experience related to Windows internal functioning. One of the best QUICK practice to remove CCleaner is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: How to delete CCleaner from your PC using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your system, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is the best uninstaller and all around tool to take care of your computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to Download Link
- download the setup by pressing the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to admire the program's interface and wealth of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful package of tools.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs button
5. All the applications installed on your PC will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of applications until you locate CCleaner or simply activate the Search field and type in "CCleaner". If it exists on your system the CCleaner application will be found automatically. Notice that when you click CCleaner in the list of programs, the following data regarding the program is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating explains the opinion other users have regarding CCleaner, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the application you wish to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will show up. Confirm the removal by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove CCleaner.
8. After uninstalling CCleaner, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Click Next to start the cleanup. All the items of CCleaner which have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing CCleaner using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your computer.
Your computer will remain clean, speedy and able to serve you properly.
This page is not a recommendation to uninstall CCleaner by Piriform from your PC, nor are we saying that CCleaner by Piriform is not a good software application. This text simply contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall CCleaner in case you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2020-11-09 14:18:26.657