This page is about Atom for Windows. Here you can find details on how to remove it from your computer. The Windows release was developed by A way to uninstall Atom from your systemGitHub Inc.
. You can find out more on GitHub Inc. or check for application updates here
. The application is often placed in the C:\Users\Felix\AppData\Local\atom directory (same installation drive as Windows). The full command line for uninstalling Atom is C:\Users\Felix\AppData\Local\atom\Update.exe --uninstall. Keep in mind that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you might get a notification for admin rights. The application's main executable file is named squirrel.exe and its approximative size is 1.45 MB (1517832 bytes).
The executable files below are part of Atom. They occupy about 57.39 MB (60180632
bytes) on disk.
- squirrel.exe (1.45 MB)
- atom.exe (48.92 MB)
- node.exe (5.27 MB)
- ctags-win32.exe (308.00 KB)
The current web page applies to Atom version 1.5.01
alone. You can find below info on other versions of Atom:
...click to view all...
Atom is an application offered by GitHub Inc.. Sometimes, computer users choose to remove this program. This is difficult because performing this manually requires some skill regarding Windows internal functioning. The best QUICK way to remove Atom is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: How to erase Atom from your PC with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your system, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is an efficient uninstaller and all around utility to clean your PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to Download Link
- download the setup by clicking on the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to get familiar with the program's interface and number of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful PC management program.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the applications existing on your computer will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of applications until you find Atom or simply activate the Search feature and type in "Atom". The Atom program will be found very quickly. Notice that after you select Atom in the list , some information regarding the application is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other users have regarding Atom, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the app you are about to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
7. Click the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will appear. accept the uninstall by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall Atom.
8. After uninstalling Atom, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items that belong Atom which have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By removing Atom using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry items, files or directories are left behind on your PC.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to take on new tasks.
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to remove Atom by GitHub Inc. from your computer, we are not saying that Atom by GitHub Inc. is not a good application. This text only contains detailed instructions on how to remove Atom supposing you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-07-30 09:58:55.187