You can find on this page detailed information on how to uninstall Atom for Windows. It was created for Windows by How to uninstall Atom from your systemGitHub Inc.
. Open here
for more info on GitHub Inc.. Atom is normally set up in the C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\atom directory, however this location may differ a lot depending on the user's choice while installing the program. The complete uninstall command line for Atom is C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\atom\Update.exe --uninstall. The application's main executable file is named squirrel.exe and occupies 1.42 MB (1492480 bytes).
The executables below are part of Atom. They take an average of 15.58 MB (16340864
bytes) on disk.
- squirrel.exe (1.42 MB)
- atom.exe (6.87 MB)
- node.exe (5.56 MB)
- ctags-win32.exe (308.00 KB)
The current web page applies to Atom version 0.190.0
alone. You can find below a few links to other Atom versions:
...click to view all...
Atom has the habit of leaving behind some leftovers.Folders left behind when you uninstall Atom:
Usually, the following files remain on disk:
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Temp\Atom Crashes
Registry that is not uninstalled:
Use regedit.exe to delete the following additional registry values from the Windows Registry:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MIME\Database\Content Type\application/atom+xml
Atom is a program by GitHub Inc.. Frequently, users want to uninstall it. This is troublesome because doing this by hand requires some advanced knowledge related to removing Windows programs manually. One of the best SIMPLE procedure to uninstall Atom is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to remove Atom from your computer using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your system, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is the best uninstaller and all around tool to clean your computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit Download Link
- download the setup by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and wealth of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good package of tools.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs tool
5. All the programs installed on your computer will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you find Atom or simply activate the Search feature and type in "Atom". If it exists on your system the Atom application will be found automatically. When you click Atom in the list of apps, the following information regarding the application is available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating explains the opinion other people have regarding Atom, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the program you are about to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will show up. Confirm the removal by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then remove Atom.
8. After removing Atom, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Click Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items of Atom which have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling Atom using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your system.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to uninstall Atom by GitHub Inc. from your PC, nor are we saying that Atom by GitHub Inc. is not a good application. This page simply contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall Atom in case you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-07-21 11:24:16.683