This page is about Atom for Windows. Below you can find details on how to remove it from your computer. It was developed for Windows by A guide to uninstall Atom from your computerGitHub Inc.
. Check out here
for more details on GitHub Inc.. The application is usually located in the C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\atom directory (same installation drive as Windows). The full command line for removing Atom is C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\atom\Update.exe --uninstall. Note that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you may receive a notification for admin rights. The program's main executable file occupies 6.82 MB (7155200 bytes) on disk and is named atom.exe.
The executable files below are installed along with Atom. They take about 15.52 MB (16277888
bytes) on disk.
- squirrel.exe (1.42 MB)
- atom.exe (6.82 MB)
- node.exe (5.56 MB)
- ctags-win32.exe (308.00 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 0.181.0
of Atom. For more Atom versions please click below:
...click to view all...
Atom is a program offered by GitHub Inc.. Frequently, users choose to remove this application. This can be troublesome because doing this by hand takes some experience regarding removing Windows applications by hand. One of the best EASY manner to remove Atom is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to uninstall Atom from your PC using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your system, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is the best uninstaller and all around utility to take care of your computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to get familiar with the program's interface and wealth of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful PC management program.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs tool
5. All the programs installed on your computer will be shown to you
6. Scroll the list of programs until you find Atom or simply click the Search field and type in "Atom". If it exists on your system the Atom program will be found very quickly. Notice that after you select Atom in the list of programs, the following data regarding the program is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). This tells you the opinion other people have regarding Atom, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the application you want to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will come up. Confirm the removal by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove Atom.
8. After removing Atom, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items of Atom that have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By removing Atom using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry items, files or directories are left behind on your PC.
Your Windows computer will remain clean, speedy and ready to take on new tasks.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to uninstall Atom by GitHub Inc. from your computer, nor are we saying that Atom by GitHub Inc. is not a good software application. This page simply contains detailed info on how to uninstall Atom supposing you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2018-05-04 05:26:04.927