Atom is a computer program. This page contains details on how to uninstall it from your PC. The Windows release was developed by A guide to uninstall Atom from your computerGitHub Inc.
. Check out here
for more details on GitHub Inc.. Atom is typically installed in the C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\atom directory, subject to the user's option. C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\atom\Update.exe --uninstall is the full command line if you want to uninstall Atom. squirrel.exe is the Atom's main executable file and it takes around 1.45 MB (1517832 bytes) on disk.
Atom is comprised of the following executables which occupy 106.95 MB (112143912
bytes) on disk:
...click to view all...
- squirrel.exe (1.45 MB)
- atom.exe (45.73 MB)
- squirrel.exe (1.44 MB)
- node.exe (5.27 MB)
- ctags-win32.exe (308.00 KB)
- atom.exe (45.73 MB)
This info is about Atom version 1.1.0
alone. For more Atom versions please click below:
...click to view all...
When planning to uninstall Atom you should check if the following data is left behind on your PC.Folders remaining:
The files below were left behind on your disk by Atom when you uninstall it:
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Programs\IBM\Cognos Insight\plugins\com.ibm.cdf.cui.html_10.2.5210.v00005\webcontent\dojox\atom
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Programs\IBM\Cognos Insight\plugins\com.ibm.cognos.fmdesigner.html_10.2.5001.118\dojotoolkit\dojox\atom
Registry values that are not removed from your PC:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MIME\Database\Content Type\application/atom+xml
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\atom\Update.exe
Atom is an application offered by GitHub Inc.. Sometimes, users choose to erase this application. This is difficult because performing this manually takes some experience regarding Windows program uninstallation. The best SIMPLE solution to erase Atom is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: How to erase Atom from your computer with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your PC, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and all around tool to take care of your system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to Download Link
- download the program by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and number of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful package of utilities.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs button
5. All the applications installed on the PC will be made available to you
6. Scroll the list of applications until you locate Atom or simply activate the Search field and type in "Atom". If it is installed on your PC the Atom application will be found automatically. Notice that when you select Atom in the list of programs, some data about the application is shown to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other users have about Atom, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the app you wish to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will show up. accept the uninstall by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove Atom.
8. After removing Atom, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items of Atom that have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling Atom with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry items, files or folders are left behind on your PC.
Your computer will remain clean, speedy and ready to run without errors or problems.
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to remove Atom by GitHub Inc. from your computer, we are not saying that Atom by GitHub Inc. is not a good application for your PC. This text only contains detailed info on how to remove Atom supposing you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-08-16 19:51:47.710