This web page contains detailed information on how to uninstall Atom for Windows. It was coded for Windows by A guide to uninstall Atom from your systemGitHub Inc.
. More data about GitHub Inc. can be read here
. The application is usually placed in the C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\atom directory. Keep in mind that this location can vary being determined by the user's choice. The full command line for uninstalling Atom is C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\atom\Update.exe --uninstall. Note that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you might receive a notification for administrator rights. The program's main executable file is labeled atom.exe and occupies 6.84 MB (7171584 bytes).
Atom installs the following the executables on your PC, occupying about 15.52 MB (16278912
bytes) on disk.
- squirrel.exe (1.41 MB)
- atom.exe (6.84 MB)
- node.exe (5.56 MB)
- ctags-win32.exe (308.00 KB)
The current page applies to Atom version 0.176.0
only. For more Atom versions please click below:
...click to view all...
Atom is an application marketed by GitHub Inc.. Some people decide to uninstall this program. This can be difficult because doing this manually takes some advanced knowledge regarding PCs. One of the best SIMPLE manner to uninstall Atom is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: A way to uninstall Atom with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows system, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is one of the best uninstaller and general utility to clean your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and wealth of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful PC management program.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs button
5. A list of the programs installed on the computer will be shown to you
6. Scroll the list of programs until you find Atom or simply activate the Search feature and type in "Atom". If it is installed on your PC the Atom app will be found very quickly. When you select Atom in the list of apps, some information regarding the program is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other users have regarding Atom, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the application you are about to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will show up. Confirm the uninstall by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then remove Atom.
8. After uninstalling Atom, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to start the cleanup. All the items that belong Atom that have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing Atom using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry items, files or directories are left behind on your system.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and able to serve you properly.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to uninstall Atom by GitHub Inc. from your PC, nor are we saying that Atom by GitHub Inc. is not a good application for your PC. This text only contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall Atom in case you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2015-02-05 20:47:07.073