This page contains detailed information on how to uninstall Atom for Windows. It was coded for Windows by How to uninstall Atom from your PCGitHub Inc.
. Go over here
for more information on GitHub Inc.. Atom is frequently set up in the C:\UserNames\joseph.liu\AppData\Local\atom directory, however this location may vary a lot depending on the user's choice when installing the application. C:\UserNames\joseph.liu\AppData\Local\atom\Update.exe --uninstall is the full command line if you want to uninstall Atom. Atom's primary file takes about 1.42 MB (1492992 bytes) and is called squirrel.exe.
Atom contains of the executables below. They occupy 15.58 MB (16341888
bytes) on disk.
- squirrel.exe (1.42 MB)
- atom.exe (6.87 MB)
- node.exe (5.56 MB)
- ctags-win32.exe (308.00 KB)
This data is about Atom version 1.0.0
alone. You can find below info on other versions of Atom:
...click to view all...
Some files and registry entries are frequently left behind when you uninstall Atom.Folders found on disk after you uninstall Atom from your PC:
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Temp\Atom Crashes
Usually the following registry data will not be uninstalled:
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Temp\Atom Crashes\operation_log.txt
Additional registry values that you should delete:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MIME\Database\Content Type\application/atom+xml
Atom is an application marketed by GitHub Inc.. Frequently, people decide to erase it. Sometimes this is easier said than done because deleting this by hand requires some skill related to PCs. One of the best QUICK way to erase Atom is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: A way to remove Atom from your PC with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows system, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and all around utility to take care of your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by pressing the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and number of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good Windows optimizer.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Press the Uninstall Programs tool
5. A list of the applications existing on your PC will appear
6. Navigate the list of applications until you find Atom or simply activate the Search feature and type in "Atom". If it is installed on your PC the Atom application will be found very quickly. Notice that after you click Atom in the list of programs, some data about the program is shown to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating explains the opinion other people have about Atom, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the program you wish to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will show up. Confirm the removal by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will remove Atom.
8. After removing Atom, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items of Atom that have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing Atom with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry items, files or folders are left behind on your computer.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to serve you properly.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to remove Atom by GitHub Inc. from your PC, nor are we saying that Atom by GitHub Inc. is not a good application for your PC. This page simply contains detailed instructions on how to remove Atom in case you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-07-19 03:07:03.550