This page contains complete information on how to uninstall VeraCrypt for Windows. It is written by A way to uninstall VeraCrypt from your computerIDRIX
. More information about IDRIX can be found here
. More information about the program VeraCrypt can be seen at http://www.idrix.fr/
. VeraCrypt is usually installed in the C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt folder, but this location can vary a lot depending on the user's decision while installing the program. You can uninstall VeraCrypt by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt Setup.exe. Note that you might be prompted for admin rights. The program's main executable file is titled VeraCrypt.exe and occupies 2.98 MB (3122632 bytes).
The executables below are part of VeraCrypt. They take about 30.10 MB (31557800
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- VeraCrypt Format-x86.exe (2.83 MB)
- VeraCrypt Format.exe (3.04 MB)
- VeraCrypt Setup.exe (13.31 MB)
- VeraCrypt-x86.exe (2.75 MB)
- VeraCrypt.exe (2.98 MB)
- VeraCryptExpander-x86.exe (2.52 MB)
- VeraCryptExpander.exe (2.67 MB)
This info is about VeraCrypt version 1.17
alone. You can find here a few links to other VeraCrypt versions:
...click to view all...
After the uninstall process, the application leaves leftovers on the PC. Part_A few of these are shown below.Directories that were found:
Use regedit.exe to manually remove from the Windows Registry the keys below:
Registry values that are not removed from your PC:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\VeraCrypt Format.exe
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt.exe
VeraCrypt is a program by the software company IDRIX. Sometimes, people want to uninstall this application. This is efortful because uninstalling this by hand requires some know-how related to removing Windows programs manually. One of the best EASY action to uninstall VeraCrypt is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to remove VeraCrypt with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your PC, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is an efficient uninstaller and general utility to clean your system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to Download Link
- download the setup by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to get familiar with the program's design and number of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful Windows optimizer.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Press the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the applications installed on the PC will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of applications until you locate VeraCrypt or simply activate the Search feature and type in "VeraCrypt". If it is installed on your PC the VeraCrypt program will be found automatically. When you select VeraCrypt in the list of applications, the following information regarding the application is shown to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating explains the opinion other users have regarding VeraCrypt, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the app you want to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for VeraCrypt:
- The web site of the program is: http://www.idrix.fr/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt Setup.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will appear. accept the uninstall by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will uninstall VeraCrypt.
8. After uninstalling VeraCrypt, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items of VeraCrypt which have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling VeraCrypt with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry items, files or directories are left behind on your system.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and able to serve you properly.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to remove VeraCrypt by IDRIX from your computer, we are not saying that VeraCrypt by IDRIX is not a good application. This text only contains detailed instructions on how to remove VeraCrypt in case you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-06-18 23:20:20.720