VeraCrypt is a computer program. This page is comprised of details on how to remove it from your PC. It was created for Windows by How to uninstall VeraCrypt from your systemIDRIX
. You can read more on IDRIX or check for application updates here
. Detailed information about VeraCrypt can be seen at https://www.idrix.fr/
. The program is often placed in the C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt folder. Take into account that this path can differ depending on the user's choice. C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt Setup.exe is the full command line if you want to uninstall VeraCrypt. VeraCrypt's main file takes around 6.64 MB (6965392 bytes) and is named VeraCrypt.exe.
The executable files below are installed together with VeraCrypt. They occupy about 63.20 MB (66271256
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- VeraCrypt Format-x64.exe (5.35 MB)
- VeraCrypt Format.exe (6.68 MB)
- VeraCrypt Setup.exe (28.02 MB)
- VeraCrypt-x64.exe (5.34 MB)
- VeraCrypt.exe (6.64 MB)
- VeraCryptExpander-x64.exe (4.89 MB)
- VeraCryptExpander.exe (6.28 MB)
The information on this page is only about version 1.21
of VeraCrypt. You can find below info on other versions of VeraCrypt:
...click to view all...
If you're planning to uninstall VeraCrypt you should check if the following data is left behind on your PC.Folders left behind when you uninstall VeraCrypt:
The files below were left behind on your disk when you remove VeraCrypt:
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\VeraCrypt
Use regedit.exe to manually remove from the Windows Registry the data below:
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt Website.url
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt.lnk
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\VeraCrypt\VeraCryptExpander.lnk
Supplementary values that are not cleaned:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\VeraCrypt Format.exe
VeraCrypt is an application marketed by the software company IDRIX. Sometimes, people want to erase it. Sometimes this can be easier said than done because performing this by hand requires some skill related to Windows program uninstallation. One of the best QUICK way to erase VeraCrypt is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to uninstall VeraCrypt with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your PC, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is the best uninstaller and all around tool to take care of your computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit Download Link
- download the program by clicking on the DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and wealth of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful PC management program.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Press the Uninstall Programs button
5. A list of the applications existing on your PC will be shown to you
6. Scroll the list of applications until you find VeraCrypt or simply click the Search feature and type in "VeraCrypt". If it is installed on your PC the VeraCrypt program will be found automatically. After you select VeraCrypt in the list , the following information regarding the application is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating explains the opinion other users have regarding VeraCrypt, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the program you wish to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for VeraCrypt:
- The software company is: https://www.idrix.fr/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt Setup.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will appear. Confirm the removal by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will remove VeraCrypt.
8. After removing VeraCrypt, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items of VeraCrypt that have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling VeraCrypt with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry items, files or folders are left behind on your system.
Your computer will remain clean, speedy and able to run without errors or problems.
This page is not a piece of advice to uninstall VeraCrypt by IDRIX from your computer, nor are we saying that VeraCrypt by IDRIX is not a good application. This page simply contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall VeraCrypt in case you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2017-07-04 04:12:09.557