VeraCrypt is a Windows program. Read more about how to uninstall it from your PC. It is made by A way to uninstall VeraCrypt from your computerIDRIX
. Go over here
for more details on IDRIX. More information about the software VeraCrypt can be seen at https://www.idrix.fr/
. VeraCrypt is commonly installed in the C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt directory, depending on the user's choice. The full command line for removing VeraCrypt is C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt Setup.exe. Note that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you may receive a notification for admin rights. VeraCrypt.exe is the VeraCrypt's main executable file and it occupies approximately 5.63 MB (5908128 bytes) on disk.
VeraCrypt contains of the executables below. They take 51.03 MB (53507600
bytes) on disk.
- VeraCrypt Format.exe (5.67 MB)
- VeraCrypt Setup.exe (34.55 MB)
- VeraCrypt.exe (5.63 MB)
- VeraCryptExpander.exe (5.17 MB)
The current web page applies to VeraCrypt version 1.242
alone. You can find below info on other releases of VeraCrypt:
...click to view all...
Some files and registry entries are regularly left behind when you uninstall VeraCrypt.Folders found on disk after you uninstall VeraCrypt from your computer:
Generally, the following files are left on disk:
Registry that is not removed:
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXb0.716\VeraCrypt.1.24.2\VeraCrypt Setup 1.24-Update2.exe
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXb0.716\VeraCrypt.1.24.2\انجمن حل مشکلات نرم افزاري.url
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXb0.926\VeraCrypt.1.24.2\VeraCrypt Setup 1.24-Update2.exe
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXb0.926\VeraCrypt.1.24.2\انجمن حل مشکلات نرم افزاري.url
Open regedit.exe in order to remove the following values:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\VeraCrypt Format.exe
VeraCrypt is an application by the software company IDRIX. Some computer users try to erase this application. Sometimes this can be easier said than done because doing this manually requires some know-how regarding Windows internal functioning. The best SIMPLE approach to erase VeraCrypt is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: A way to uninstall VeraCrypt using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows PC, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and all around tool to optimize your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to Download Link
- download the program by clicking on the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to get familiar with the program's design and number of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good PC management program.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the programs installed on the computer will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you locate VeraCrypt or simply activate the Search feature and type in "VeraCrypt". If it is installed on your PC the VeraCrypt program will be found automatically. When you select VeraCrypt in the list of apps, some information regarding the application is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating explains the opinion other users have regarding VeraCrypt, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the app you are about to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for VeraCrypt:
- The software company is: https://www.idrix.fr/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt Setup.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will show up. accept the uninstall by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall VeraCrypt.
8. After removing VeraCrypt, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Press Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items that belong VeraCrypt that have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By removing VeraCrypt with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry items, files or directories are left behind on your disk.
Your system will remain clean, speedy and able to run without errors or problems.
This page is not a recommendation to uninstall VeraCrypt by IDRIX from your PC, nor are we saying that VeraCrypt by IDRIX is not a good software application. This page only contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall VeraCrypt in case you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2019-12-17 17:47:33.397