This info is about VeraCrypt for Windows. Below you can find details on how to remove it from your PC. The Windows version was created by A way to uninstall VeraCrypt from your systemIDRIX
. Take a look here
for more information on IDRIX. More information about VeraCrypt can be found at http://www.idrix.fr/
. The application is often installed in the C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt directory (same installation drive as Windows). You can remove VeraCrypt by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt Setup.exe. Note that you might receive a notification for administrator rights. VeraCrypt.exe is the VeraCrypt's primary executable file and it occupies circa 1.63 MB (1704928 bytes) on disk.
The following executables are installed beside VeraCrypt. They occupy about 10.70 MB (11222288
bytes) on disk.
- VeraCrypt Format.exe (1.76 MB)
- VeraCrypt Setup.exe (7.32 MB)
- VeraCrypt.exe (1.63 MB)
This page is about VeraCrypt version 1.01
alone. You can find below info on other application versions of VeraCrypt:
...click to view all...
VeraCrypt has the habit of leaving behind some leftovers.Check for and delete the following files from your disk when you uninstall VeraCrypt:
VeraCrypt is a program by the software company IDRIX. Sometimes, users try to erase it. Sometimes this is easier said than done because removing this manually requires some knowledge regarding PCs. One of the best EASY solution to erase VeraCrypt is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to remove VeraCrypt with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your system, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is an efficient uninstaller and all around utility to take care of your system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit Download Link
- download the setup by clicking on the DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and number of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful system utility.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs tool
5. A list of the applications existing on the PC will appear
6. Scroll the list of applications until you find VeraCrypt or simply activate the Search field and type in "VeraCrypt". If it exists on your system the VeraCrypt program will be found very quickly. Notice that when you select VeraCrypt in the list of applications, the following data regarding the application is available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). This explains the opinion other users have regarding VeraCrypt, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the app you are about to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for VeraCrypt:
- The publisher is: http://www.idrix.fr/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt Setup.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will come up. Confirm the removal by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall VeraCrypt.
8. After uninstalling VeraCrypt, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Click Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items of VeraCrypt which have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling VeraCrypt using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your computer.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and able to serve you properly.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to remove VeraCrypt by IDRIX from your PC, nor are we saying that VeraCrypt by IDRIX is not a good application for your computer. This text only contains detailed instructions on how to remove VeraCrypt supposing you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-06-20 13:53:48.823