VeraCrypt is a computer program. This page contains details on how to remove it from your PC. The Windows release was developed by How to uninstall VeraCrypt from your PCIDRIX
. More information on IDRIX can be found here
. More information about the software VeraCrypt can be found at https://www.idrix.fr/
. The program is frequently located in the C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt directory. Take into account that this path can differ being determined by the user's choice. You can remove VeraCrypt by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt Setup.exe. Keep in mind that you might receive a notification for administrator rights. The application's main executable file is named VeraCrypt.exe and it has a size of 5.63 MB (5902496 bytes).
VeraCrypt installs the following the executables on your PC, occupying about 50.71 MB (53178120
bytes) on disk.
- VeraCrypt Format.exe (5.66 MB)
- VeraCrypt Setup.exe (34.25 MB)
- VeraCrypt.exe (5.63 MB)
- VeraCryptExpander.exe (5.17 MB)
This web page is about VeraCrypt version 1.241
alone. For more VeraCrypt versions please click below:
...click to view all...
VeraCrypt is an application released by IDRIX. Frequently, users decide to erase it. This is efortful because removing this manually requires some knowledge related to removing Windows applications by hand. One of the best QUICK way to erase VeraCrypt is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to erase VeraCrypt from your PC with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows system, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and general utility to clean your Windows computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to Download Link
- download the setup by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to admire the program's interface and number of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good package of tools.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs tool
5. All the programs existing on your computer will appear
6. Navigate the list of programs until you find VeraCrypt or simply activate the Search field and type in "VeraCrypt". If it is installed on your PC the VeraCrypt program will be found very quickly. Notice that when you click VeraCrypt in the list , some data about the program is available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). This explains the opinion other users have about VeraCrypt, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details about the program you are about to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for VeraCrypt:
- The software company is: https://www.idrix.fr/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt Setup.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will come up. Confirm the uninstall by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall VeraCrypt.
8. After removing VeraCrypt, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Click Next to start the cleanup. All the items of VeraCrypt which have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By removing VeraCrypt with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your computer.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.
The text above is not a piece of advice to remove VeraCrypt by IDRIX from your computer, we are not saying that VeraCrypt by IDRIX is not a good software application. This text simply contains detailed instructions on how to remove VeraCrypt in case you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2019-10-27 22:37:17.263