This info is about VeraCrypt for Windows. Here you can find details on how to uninstall it from your computer. The Windows release was created by A guide to uninstall VeraCrypt from your PCIDRIX
. Additional info about IDRIX can be found here
. Detailed information about VeraCrypt can be seen at https://www.idrix.fr/
. VeraCrypt is commonly installed in the C:\Program Files\tools\VeraCrypt directory, however this location can differ a lot depending on the user's choice when installing the application. The full command line for removing VeraCrypt is C:\Program Files\tools\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt Setup.exe. Note that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you may receive a notification for admin rights. The program's main executable file occupies 5.57 MB (5843504 bytes) on disk and is titled VeraCrypt.exe.
VeraCrypt installs the following the executables on your PC, occupying about 66.45 MB (69677080
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- VeraCrypt Format-x86.exe (6.98 MB)
- VeraCrypt Format.exe (5.59 MB)
- VeraCrypt Setup.exe (29.65 MB)
- VeraCrypt-x86.exe (6.94 MB)
- VeraCrypt.exe (5.57 MB)
- VeraCryptExpander-x86.exe (6.59 MB)
- VeraCryptExpander.exe (5.13 MB)
This info is about VeraCrypt version 1.228
only. For more VeraCrypt versions please click below:
...click to view all...
VeraCrypt is an application offered by the software company IDRIX. Some users want to erase this application. Sometimes this is troublesome because doing this manually requires some know-how related to PCs. The best SIMPLE approach to erase VeraCrypt is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: A way to uninstall VeraCrypt using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your PC, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very potent uninstaller and all around utility to maximize the performance of your computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit Download Link
- download the setup by pressing the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to get familiar with the program's interface and wealth of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful package of tools.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the applications installed on your PC will be shown to you
6. Scroll the list of applications until you find VeraCrypt or simply click the Search feature and type in "VeraCrypt". The VeraCrypt program will be found automatically. After you select VeraCrypt in the list of applications, the following information about the program is available to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). This explains the opinion other people have about VeraCrypt, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details about the application you wish to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for VeraCrypt:
- The web site of the application is: https://www.idrix.fr/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\tools\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt Setup.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will come up. Confirm the uninstall by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall VeraCrypt.
8. After uninstalling VeraCrypt, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Press Next to perform the cleanup. All the items of VeraCrypt that have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling VeraCrypt using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry items, files or folders are left behind on your system.
Your system will remain clean, speedy and able to run without errors or problems.
This page is not a recommendation to uninstall VeraCrypt by IDRIX from your PC, we are not saying that VeraCrypt by IDRIX is not a good application for your PC. This text simply contains detailed info on how to uninstall VeraCrypt supposing you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2018-04-30 09:19:12.460