This info is about VeraCrypt for Windows. Below you can find details on how to remove it from your PC. It was developed for Windows by How to uninstall VeraCrypt from your systemIDRIX
. Additional info about IDRIX can be read here
. More details about the software VeraCrypt can be seen at https://www.idrix.fr/
. Usually the VeraCrypt program is placed in the C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt folder, depending on the user's option during setup. You can remove VeraCrypt by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt Setup.exe. Note that you might get a notification for administrator rights. VeraCrypt's primary file takes about 5.59 MB (5865008 bytes) and is named VeraCrypt.exe.
VeraCrypt contains of the executables below. They occupy 46.09 MB (48332064
bytes) on disk.
- VeraCrypt Format.exe (5.60 MB)
- VeraCrypt Setup.exe (29.77 MB)
- VeraCrypt.exe (5.59 MB)
- VeraCryptExpander.exe (5.13 MB)
The current page applies to VeraCrypt version 1.231
only. For other VeraCrypt versions please click below:
...click to view all...
VeraCrypt is an application offered by the software company IDRIX. Sometimes, users want to uninstall it. This can be efortful because deleting this by hand requires some knowledge related to Windows internal functioning. The best EASY way to uninstall VeraCrypt is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: A way to remove VeraCrypt from your computer using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows PC, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very potent uninstaller and general utility to maximize the performance of your Windows computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to Download Link
- download the program by pressing the green DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and wealth of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful package of tools.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Press the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the programs installed on the computer will appear
6. Scroll the list of programs until you locate VeraCrypt or simply click the Search field and type in "VeraCrypt". The VeraCrypt application will be found automatically. After you click VeraCrypt in the list of apps, the following information regarding the application is available to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). This explains the opinion other people have regarding VeraCrypt, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the application you are about to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for VeraCrypt:
- The software company is: https://www.idrix.fr/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt Setup.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will show up. accept the removal by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will uninstall VeraCrypt.
8. After uninstalling VeraCrypt, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to start the cleanup. All the items that belong VeraCrypt that have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing VeraCrypt with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your computer.
Your Windows system will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.
This page is not a recommendation to uninstall VeraCrypt by IDRIX from your PC, we are not saying that VeraCrypt by IDRIX is not a good application. This page only contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall VeraCrypt in case you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2018-07-06 15:00:48.057