This page contains detailed information on how to uninstall VeraCrypt for Windows. It is made by How to uninstall VeraCrypt from your PCIDRIX
. More info about IDRIX can be seen here
. Please open http://www.idrix.fr/
if you want to read more on VeraCrypt on IDRIX's website. VeraCrypt is commonly installed in the C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt directory, subject to the user's option. C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt Setup.exe is the full command line if you want to remove VeraCrypt. The application's main executable file is titled VeraCrypt.exe and it has a size of 1.93 MB (2023392 bytes).
VeraCrypt is comprised of the following executables which occupy 21.28 MB (22317336
bytes) on disk:
...click to view all...
- VeraCrypt Format-x86.exe (1.83 MB)
- VeraCrypt Format.exe (2.06 MB)
- VeraCrypt Setup.exe (10.67 MB)
- VeraCrypt-x86.exe (1.70 MB)
- VeraCrypt.exe (1.93 MB)
- VeraCryptExpander-x86.exe (1.47 MB)
- VeraCryptExpander.exe (1.63 MB)
This data is about VeraCrypt version 1.15
only. Click on the links below for other VeraCrypt versions:
...click to view all...
If you are manually uninstalling VeraCrypt we advise you to verify if the following data is left behind on your PC.Folders left behind when you uninstall VeraCrypt:
The files below are left behind on your disk when you remove VeraCrypt:
Registry that is not cleaned:
Open regedit.exe in order to remove the following values:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\VeraCrypt Format.exe
VeraCrypt is a program marketed by IDRIX. Some computer users choose to erase this program. This is troublesome because uninstalling this by hand takes some experience related to Windows internal functioning. One of the best EASY manner to erase VeraCrypt is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to uninstall VeraCrypt from your computer using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows system, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is one of the best uninstaller and all around utility to take care of your Windows system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit Download Link
- download the setup by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to get familiar with the program's interface and wealth of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful package of tools.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the programs installed on your computer will be made available to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you find VeraCrypt or simply click the Search field and type in "VeraCrypt". The VeraCrypt application will be found very quickly. When you select VeraCrypt in the list of apps, some data about the program is available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating explains the opinion other users have about VeraCrypt, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details about the app you wish to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for VeraCrypt:
- The software company is: http://www.idrix.fr/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt Setup.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will appear. Confirm the removal by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall VeraCrypt.
8. After removing VeraCrypt, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Press Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items of VeraCrypt which have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing VeraCrypt using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your PC.
Your system will remain clean, speedy and ready to run without errors or problems.
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to uninstall VeraCrypt by IDRIX from your computer, we are not saying that VeraCrypt by IDRIX is not a good application for your PC. This page only contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall VeraCrypt in case you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-06-21 06:00:30.070