This web page is about VeraCrypt for Windows. Here you can find details on how to remove it from your PC. The Windows release was created by How to uninstall VeraCrypt from your computerIDRIX
. Check out here
where you can get more info on IDRIX. You can see more info about VeraCrypt at https://www.idrix.fr/
. The program is often found in the C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt folder. Keep in mind that this path can vary depending on the user's choice. C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt Setup.exe is the full command line if you want to uninstall VeraCrypt. VeraCrypt.exe is the VeraCrypt's primary executable file and it takes about 5.57 MB (5838896 bytes) on disk.
VeraCrypt installs the following the executables on your PC, taking about 66.41 MB (69635856
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- VeraCrypt Format-x86.exe (6.98 MB)
- VeraCrypt Format.exe (5.58 MB)
- VeraCrypt Setup.exe (29.64 MB)
- VeraCrypt-x86.exe (6.94 MB)
- VeraCrypt.exe (5.57 MB)
- VeraCryptExpander-x86.exe (6.58 MB)
- VeraCryptExpander.exe (5.13 MB)
The information on this page is only about version 1.22
of VeraCrypt. You can find here a few links to other VeraCrypt releases:
...click to view all...
VeraCrypt has the habit of leaving behind some leftovers.You should delete the folders below after you uninstall VeraCrypt:
Generally the following registry keys will not be removed:
Supplementary values that are not cleaned:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\VeraCrypt Format.exe
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\G:\VeraCrypt Setup 1.22.exe
VeraCrypt is a program by the software company IDRIX. Sometimes, people decide to uninstall it. This can be efortful because performing this manually requires some advanced knowledge regarding Windows internal functioning. The best QUICK solution to uninstall VeraCrypt is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to uninstall VeraCrypt from your computer with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your PC, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very potent uninstaller and general utility to clean your computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to Download Link
- download the program by clicking on the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and number of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful Windows optimizer.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs button
5. A list of the programs installed on your PC will appear
6. Navigate the list of programs until you find VeraCrypt or simply activate the Search field and type in "VeraCrypt". The VeraCrypt program will be found very quickly. Notice that when you select VeraCrypt in the list , some data regarding the application is made available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other people have regarding VeraCrypt, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the application you are about to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for VeraCrypt:
- The web site of the program is: https://www.idrix.fr/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt Setup.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will show up. accept the uninstall by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall VeraCrypt.
8. After removing VeraCrypt, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items of VeraCrypt which have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By removing VeraCrypt with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your computer.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and able to run without errors or problems.
The text above is not a recommendation to remove VeraCrypt by IDRIX from your PC, nor are we saying that VeraCrypt by IDRIX is not a good application for your computer. This text only contains detailed info on how to remove VeraCrypt supposing you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2018-03-31 01:24:44.300