VeraCrypt is a computer program. This page is comprised of details on how to uninstall it from your PC. It is developed by A guide to uninstall VeraCrypt from your systemIDRIX
. More data about IDRIX can be found here
. More info about the app VeraCrypt can be seen at http://www.idrix.fr/
. The application is frequently installed in the C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt directory (same installation drive as Windows). You can remove VeraCrypt by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt Setup.exe. Note that you might receive a notification for administrator rights. The program's main executable file occupies 1.63 MB (1714144 bytes) on disk and is called VeraCrypt.exe.
The following executables are installed beside VeraCrypt. They take about 12.78 MB (13403080
bytes) on disk.
- VeraCrypt Format.exe (1.77 MB)
- VeraCrypt Setup.exe (7.96 MB)
- VeraCrypt.exe (1.63 MB)
- VeraCryptExpander.exe (1.42 MB)
The current page applies to VeraCrypt version 1.02
alone. Click on the links below for other VeraCrypt versions:
...click to view all...
VeraCrypt has the habit of leaving behind some leftovers.You should delete the folders below after you uninstall VeraCrypt:
The files below are left behind on your disk when you remove VeraCrypt:
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\VeraCrypt
Frequently the following registry data will not be cleaned:
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\VeraCrypt\Uninstall VeraCrypt.lnk
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt Website.url
Supplementary registry values that are not cleaned:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\VeraCrypt Format.exe
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\MicrosoftEdge\TypedURLsTime\url1
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\MicrosoftEdge\TypedURLsTime\url2
VeraCrypt is an application offered by IDRIX. Some users decide to remove it. This can be difficult because doing this manually requires some advanced knowledge regarding removing Windows applications by hand. The best EASY approach to remove VeraCrypt is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to delete VeraCrypt from your PC using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows PC, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and all around tool to take care of your Windows computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit Download Link
- download the program by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to admire the program's design and wealth of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good package of tools.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs button
5. All the applications installed on the PC will be made available to you
6. Navigate the list of applications until you find VeraCrypt or simply click the Search field and type in "VeraCrypt". The VeraCrypt app will be found very quickly. Notice that when you click VeraCrypt in the list of programs, the following data about the application is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other users have about VeraCrypt, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the program you are about to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for VeraCrypt:
- The web site of the program is: http://www.idrix.fr/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt Setup.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will appear. Confirm the removal by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then remove VeraCrypt.
8. After uninstalling VeraCrypt, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Press Next to start the cleanup. All the items that belong VeraCrypt which have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling VeraCrypt using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your disk.
Your system will remain clean, speedy and able to run without errors or problems.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to uninstall VeraCrypt by IDRIX from your computer, nor are we saying that VeraCrypt by IDRIX is not a good application for your computer. This page only contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall VeraCrypt in case you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-06-19 18:42:02.250