VeraCrypt is a Windows application. Read more about how to remove it from your computer. It is made by How to uninstall VeraCrypt from your computerIDRIX
. More data about IDRIX can be read here
. Further information about VeraCrypt can be seen at https://www.idrix.fr/
. Usually the VeraCrypt application is installed in the C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt folder, depending on the user's option during setup. You can remove VeraCrypt by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt Setup.exe. Keep in mind that you might be prompted for admin rights. The program's main executable file is named VeraCrypt.exe and it has a size of 5.59 MB (5862448 bytes).
VeraCrypt installs the following the executables on your PC, taking about 50.23 MB (52672424
bytes) on disk.
- VeraCrypt Format.exe (5.60 MB)
- VeraCrypt Setup.exe (33.91 MB)
- VeraCrypt.exe (5.59 MB)
- VeraCryptExpander.exe (5.13 MB)
The information on this page is only about version 1.235
of VeraCrypt. For other VeraCrypt versions please click below:
...click to view all...
VeraCrypt is a program marketed by IDRIX. Sometimes, computer users try to uninstall this program. This is easier said than done because doing this by hand requires some experience related to PCs. The best SIMPLE manner to uninstall VeraCrypt is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to remove VeraCrypt from your computer with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your PC, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and all around tool to maximize the performance of your computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to Download Link
- download the program by pressing the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and number of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good system optimizer.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Press the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the applications installed on your PC will be made available to you
6. Navigate the list of applications until you find VeraCrypt or simply click the Search field and type in "VeraCrypt". The VeraCrypt program will be found very quickly. Notice that after you select VeraCrypt in the list , some information regarding the program is available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). This tells you the opinion other users have regarding VeraCrypt, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the application you are about to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for VeraCrypt:
- The software company is: https://www.idrix.fr/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt Setup.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will appear. Confirm the removal by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then remove VeraCrypt.
8. After removing VeraCrypt, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Click Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items that belong VeraCrypt which have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By removing VeraCrypt with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry items, files or directories are left behind on your disk.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and able to serve you properly.
This page is not a piece of advice to uninstall VeraCrypt by IDRIX from your computer, nor are we saying that VeraCrypt by IDRIX is not a good application. This text simply contains detailed info on how to uninstall VeraCrypt in case you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2018-08-27 16:43:16.720