You can find below detailed information on how to uninstall VeraCrypt for Windows. It was created for Windows by How to uninstall VeraCrypt from your PCIDRIX
. Further information on IDRIX can be seen here
. Click on http://www.idrix.fr/
to get more data about VeraCrypt on IDRIX's website. The application is usually placed in the C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt directory. Keep in mind that this path can vary depending on the user's decision. The full command line for uninstalling VeraCrypt is C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt Setup.exe. Keep in mind that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you may get a notification for admin rights. VeraCrypt.exe is the programs's main file and it takes about 4.22 MB (4428944 bytes) on disk.
The executables below are part of VeraCrypt. They occupy about 43.17 MB (45266480
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- VeraCrypt Format-x86.exe (4.11 MB)
- VeraCrypt Format.exe (4.27 MB)
- VeraCrypt Setup.exe (18.94 MB)
- VeraCrypt-x86.exe (4.05 MB)
- VeraCrypt.exe (4.22 MB)
- VeraCryptExpander-x86.exe (3.74 MB)
- VeraCryptExpander.exe (3.83 MB)
The information on this page is only about version 1.18
of VeraCrypt. You can find below a few links to other VeraCrypt versions:
...click to view all...
Quite a few files, folders and registry data will not be uninstalled when you want to remove VeraCrypt from your computer.You should delete the folders below after you uninstall VeraCrypt:
Generally the following registry data will not be uninstalled:
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage\https_veracrypt.codeplex.com_0.localstorage
Open regedit.exe to delete the values below from the Windows Registry:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\VeraCrypt Format.exe
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt Setup.exe.ApplicationCompany
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt Setup.exe.FriendlyAppName
VeraCrypt is a program released by IDRIX. Some people choose to erase it. This can be difficult because removing this manually takes some know-how regarding Windows program uninstallation. One of the best QUICK procedure to erase VeraCrypt is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: A way to uninstall VeraCrypt using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your system, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is an efficient uninstaller and all around utility to maximize the performance of your PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to Download Link
- download the setup by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to admire the program's interface and number of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful package of tools.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs tool
5. A list of the applications existing on your PC will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of applications until you locate VeraCrypt or simply click the Search feature and type in "VeraCrypt". The VeraCrypt application will be found automatically. When you select VeraCrypt in the list of apps, the following information regarding the application is available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). This tells you the opinion other people have regarding VeraCrypt, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the program you want to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for VeraCrypt:
- The publisher is: http://www.idrix.fr/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt Setup.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will show up. Confirm the uninstall by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then remove VeraCrypt.
8. After removing VeraCrypt, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items that belong VeraCrypt that have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By removing VeraCrypt with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry items, files or folders are left behind on your disk.
Your Windows computer will remain clean, speedy and ready to run without errors or problems.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to uninstall VeraCrypt by IDRIX from your computer, we are not saying that VeraCrypt by IDRIX is not a good application. This page simply contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall VeraCrypt supposing you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-08-19 17:03:13.610