This page is about VeraCrypt for Windows. Here you can find details on how to uninstall it from your computer. It is produced by How to uninstall VeraCrypt from your PCIDRIX
. Go over here
where you can find out more on IDRIX. Detailed information about VeraCrypt can be seen at http://www.idrix.fr/
. The application is often found in the C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt folder (same installation drive as Windows). You can remove VeraCrypt by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line "C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt Setup.exe" /u. Keep in mind that you might receive a notification for admin rights. VeraCrypt.exe is the VeraCrypt's main executable file and it takes close to 2.98 MB (3120584 bytes) on disk.
The executable files below are installed alongside VeraCrypt. They occupy about 30.08 MB (31538760
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- VeraCrypt Format-x86.exe (2.83 MB)
- VeraCrypt Format.exe (3.04 MB)
- VeraCrypt Setup.exe (13.30 MB)
- VeraCrypt-x86.exe (2.75 MB)
- VeraCrypt.exe (2.98 MB)
- VeraCryptExpander-x86.exe (2.52 MB)
- VeraCryptExpander.exe (2.67 MB)
The information on this page is only about version 1.1719
of VeraCrypt. For more VeraCrypt versions please click below:
...click to view all...
VeraCrypt is a program by IDRIX. Frequently, computer users try to uninstall it. Sometimes this is hard because performing this by hand takes some advanced knowledge regarding Windows internal functioning. The best QUICK solution to uninstall VeraCrypt is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to uninstall VeraCrypt with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows PC, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and all around utility to take care of your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit Download Link
- download the program by pressing the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and wealth of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good system optimizer.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs tool
5. A list of the programs installed on the computer will be made available to you
6. Scroll the list of programs until you find VeraCrypt or simply click the Search feature and type in "VeraCrypt". If it is installed on your PC the VeraCrypt application will be found automatically. Notice that when you select VeraCrypt in the list , some information regarding the program is available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). This explains the opinion other people have regarding VeraCrypt, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the program you want to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for VeraCrypt:
- The publisher is: http://www.idrix.fr/
- The uninstall string is: "C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt Setup.exe" /u
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will come up. accept the uninstall by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will uninstall VeraCrypt.
8. After removing VeraCrypt, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Press Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items of VeraCrypt which have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling VeraCrypt using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry items, files or directories are left behind on your disk.
Your Windows computer will remain clean, speedy and ready to run without errors or problems.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to uninstall VeraCrypt by IDRIX from your PC, nor are we saying that VeraCrypt by IDRIX is not a good application for your computer. This page simply contains detailed info on how to uninstall VeraCrypt in case you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-02-03 00:06:20.423