You can find below details on how to remove VeraCrypt for Windows. It was developed for Windows by A guide to uninstall VeraCrypt from your computerIDRIX
. More information on IDRIX can be found here
. Please open https://www.idrix.fr/
if you want to read more on VeraCrypt on IDRIX's web page. VeraCrypt is normally set up in the C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt folder, but this location can differ a lot depending on the user's decision when installing the application. The full command line for uninstalling VeraCrypt is C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt Setup.exe. Keep in mind that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you might receive a notification for administrator rights. The application's main executable file occupies 5.64 MB (5909152 bytes) on disk and is called VeraCrypt.exe.
The following executables are incorporated in VeraCrypt. They take 51.04 MB (53520080
bytes) on disk.
- VeraCrypt Format.exe (5.67 MB)
- VeraCrypt Setup.exe (34.56 MB)
- VeraCrypt.exe (5.64 MB)
- VeraCryptExpander.exe (5.18 MB)
The information on this page is only about version 1.244
of VeraCrypt. You can find below info on other versions of VeraCrypt:
...click to view all...
If you are manually uninstalling VeraCrypt we advise you to check if the following data is left behind on your PC.Folders remaining:
Generally, the following files remain on disk:
Registry that is not uninstalled:
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\IObit\IObit Uninstaller\Log\VeraCrypt.history
Use regedit.exe to delete the following additional registry values from the Windows Registry:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\VeraCrypt Format.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\bam\State\UserSettings\S-1-5-21-2867319451-669547971-4218917786-1002\\Device\HarddiskVolume3\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt Setup.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\bam\State\UserSettings\S-1-5-21-2867319451-669547971-4218917786-1002\\Device\HarddiskVolume3\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\bam\State\UserSettings\S-1-5-21-2867319451-669547971-4218917786-1002\\Device\HarddiskVolume3\Users\UserName\Desktop\USB Loader\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt-x64.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\bam\State\UserSettings\S-1-5-21-2867319451-669547971-4218917786-1002\\Device\HarddiskVolume3\Users\UserName\Downloads\VeraCrypt Portable 1.24-Update4.exe
VeraCrypt is an application offered by IDRIX. Some people try to remove it. This can be easier said than done because doing this by hand requires some knowledge regarding removing Windows applications by hand. The best QUICK approach to remove VeraCrypt is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: A way to delete VeraCrypt from your computer using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows PC, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and all around tool to take care of your Windows system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to Download Link
- download the program by pressing the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to admire the program's interface and wealth of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful package of tools.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Press the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the applications existing on the PC will appear
6. Scroll the list of applications until you locate VeraCrypt or simply activate the Search feature and type in "VeraCrypt". The VeraCrypt application will be found automatically. When you click VeraCrypt in the list of programs, some data about the application is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating explains the opinion other people have about VeraCrypt, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the program you are about to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for VeraCrypt:
- The publisher is: https://www.idrix.fr/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt Setup.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will appear. Confirm the removal by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall VeraCrypt.
8. After uninstalling VeraCrypt, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items that belong VeraCrypt that have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing VeraCrypt with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry items, files or directories are left behind on your PC.
Your system will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.
This page is not a piece of advice to remove VeraCrypt by IDRIX from your computer, we are not saying that VeraCrypt by IDRIX is not a good application for your computer. This page simply contains detailed info on how to remove VeraCrypt supposing you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2020-01-27 08:04:37.320