This web page is about VeraCrypt for Windows. Here you can find details on how to uninstall it from your PC. It is developed by A guide to uninstall VeraCrypt from your computerIDRIX
. You can read more on IDRIX or check for application updates here
. Click on http://www.idrix.fr/
to get more facts about VeraCrypt on IDRIX's website. The application is frequently found in the C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt directory (same installation drive as Windows). VeraCrypt's complete uninstall command line is C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt Setup.exe. VeraCrypt.exe is the programs's main file and it takes circa 1.93 MB (2024928 bytes) on disk.
VeraCrypt is comprised of the following executables which occupy 21.32 MB (22355016
bytes) on disk:
...click to view all...
- VeraCrypt Format-x86.exe (1.84 MB)
- VeraCrypt Format.exe (2.06 MB)
- VeraCrypt Setup.exe (10.69 MB)
- VeraCrypt-x86.exe (1.70 MB)
- VeraCrypt.exe (1.93 MB)
- VeraCryptExpander-x86.exe (1.48 MB)
- VeraCryptExpander.exe (1.64 MB)
The current page applies to VeraCrypt version 1.16
only. Click on the links below for other VeraCrypt versions:
...click to view all...
If you are manually uninstalling VeraCrypt we recommend you to check if the following data is left behind on your PC.Folders left behind when you uninstall VeraCrypt:
The files below are left behind on your disk by VeraCrypt when you uninstall it:
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\VeraCrypt
Use regedit.exe to manually remove from the Windows Registry the keys below:
- C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt.exe
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\VeraCrypt\Uninstall VeraCrypt.lnk
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt.lnk
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\VeraCrypt\VeraCryptExpander.lnk
Open regedit.exe in order to delete the following values:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\VeraCrypt Format.exe
VeraCrypt is an application offered by the software company IDRIX. Frequently, computer users choose to remove this program. This can be difficult because uninstalling this by hand requires some know-how regarding Windows internal functioning. The best QUICK way to remove VeraCrypt is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to uninstall VeraCrypt from your computer with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your PC, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is an efficient uninstaller and general tool to maximize the performance of your PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to Download Link
- download the setup by clicking on the DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and number of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful Windows optimizer.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs button
5. All the applications installed on the computer will be made available to you
6. Scroll the list of applications until you locate VeraCrypt or simply activate the Search feature and type in "VeraCrypt". The VeraCrypt application will be found automatically. When you click VeraCrypt in the list of applications, the following data about the program is made available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating explains the opinion other users have about VeraCrypt, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details about the app you are about to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for VeraCrypt:
- The web site of the program is: http://www.idrix.fr/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt Setup.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will show up. Confirm the removal by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then remove VeraCrypt.
8. After removing VeraCrypt, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to perform the cleanup. All the items of VeraCrypt which have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing VeraCrypt with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your disk.
Your Windows system will remain clean, speedy and ready to run without errors or problems.
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to uninstall VeraCrypt by IDRIX from your computer, nor are we saying that VeraCrypt by IDRIX is not a good application for your PC. This page simply contains detailed info on how to uninstall VeraCrypt supposing you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-06-19 17:29:47.367