VeraCrypt is a Windows application. Read more about how to uninstall it from your computer. It is made by A way to uninstall VeraCrypt from your PCIDRIX
. Check out here
for more info on IDRIX. Further information about VeraCrypt can be seen at https://www.idrix.fr/
. The application is usually placed in the C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt folder (same installation drive as Windows). VeraCrypt's complete uninstall command line is C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt Setup.exe. VeraCrypt.exe is the VeraCrypt's main executable file and it takes about 5.63 MB (5898912 bytes) on disk.
The following executables are incorporated in VeraCrypt. They take 50.69 MB (53156816
bytes) on disk.
- VeraCrypt Format.exe (5.66 MB)
- VeraCrypt Setup.exe (34.24 MB)
- VeraCrypt.exe (5.63 MB)
- VeraCryptExpander.exe (5.17 MB)
The information on this page is only about version 1.246
of VeraCrypt. For more VeraCrypt versions please click below:
...click to view all...
Some files and registry entries are frequently left behind when you uninstall VeraCrypt.Folders remaining:
Check for and delete the following files from your disk when you uninstall VeraCrypt:
Use regedit.exe to manually remove from the Windows Registry the keys below:
Use regedit.exe to delete the following additional values from the Windows Registry:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\VeraCrypt Format.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\bam\State\UserSettings\S-1-5-21-1649873055-2511150913-1044488090-1001\\Device\HarddiskVolume2\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\bam\State\UserSettings\S-1-5-21-1649873055-2511150913-1044488090-500\\Device\HarddiskVolume2\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt Setup.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\bam\State\UserSettings\S-1-5-21-1649873055-2511150913-1044488090-500\\Device\HarddiskVolume2\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\bam\State\UserSettings\S-1-5-21-1649873055-2511150913-1044488090-500\\Device\VeraCryptVolumeD\Users\UserName\Downloads\VeraCrypt Setup 1.24-Update6.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\bam\UserSettings\S-1-5-21-1649873055-2511150913-1044488090-1001\\Device\HarddiskVolume2\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\bam\UserSettings\S-1-5-21-1649873055-2511150913-1044488090-1004\\Device\HarddiskVolume2\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\bam\UserSettings\S-1-5-21-1649873055-2511150913-1044488090-1010\\Device\HarddiskVolume2\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\bam\UserSettings\S-1-5-21-1649873055-2511150913-1044488090-500\\Device\HarddiskVolume2\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt.exe
VeraCrypt is a program released by IDRIX. Sometimes, users decide to remove this application. Sometimes this is easier said than done because performing this by hand takes some experience related to Windows program uninstallation. One of the best SIMPLE way to remove VeraCrypt is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to remove VeraCrypt from your PC with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows system, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is the best uninstaller and general tool to optimize your Windows computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit Download Link
- download the setup by pressing the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and wealth of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful system utility.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the programs installed on your computer will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you locate VeraCrypt or simply activate the Search feature and type in "VeraCrypt". If it is installed on your PC the VeraCrypt app will be found automatically. Notice that after you click VeraCrypt in the list of programs, some information regarding the program is available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating explains the opinion other people have regarding VeraCrypt, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the app you want to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for VeraCrypt:
- The software company is: https://www.idrix.fr/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt Setup.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will show up. accept the uninstall by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then remove VeraCrypt.
8. After uninstalling VeraCrypt, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items that belong VeraCrypt which have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling VeraCrypt with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your PC.
Your Windows system will remain clean, speedy and ready to serve you properly.
This page is not a piece of advice to uninstall VeraCrypt by IDRIX from your PC, we are not saying that VeraCrypt by IDRIX is not a good application for your PC. This text only contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall VeraCrypt supposing you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2019-10-17 22:52:22.040