You can find below details on how to remove VeraCrypt for Windows. The Windows release was developed by A guide to uninstall VeraCrypt from your computerIDRIX
. You can find out more on IDRIX or check for application updates here
. Click on http://www.idrix.fr/
to get more information about VeraCrypt on IDRIX's website. Usually the VeraCrypt application is found in the C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt folder, depending on the user's option during install. You can uninstall VeraCrypt by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line "C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt Setup.exe" /u. Note that you might be prompted for admin rights. VeraCrypt.exe is the programs's main file and it takes close to 2.74 MB (2877384 bytes) on disk.
The executables below are part of VeraCrypt. They occupy about 30.04 MB (31494656
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- VeraCrypt Format-x64.exe (3.03 MB)
- VeraCrypt Format.exe (2.83 MB)
- VeraCrypt Setup.exe (13.28 MB)
- VeraCrypt-x64.exe (2.97 MB)
- VeraCrypt.exe (2.74 MB)
- VeraCryptExpander-x64.exe (2.67 MB)
- VeraCryptExpander.exe (2.52 MB)
This info is about VeraCrypt version 1.1717
alone. You can find here a few links to other VeraCrypt releases:
...click to view all...
VeraCrypt is an application released by IDRIX. Some computer users decide to remove it. Sometimes this can be hard because doing this by hand takes some know-how regarding PCs. The best EASY way to remove VeraCrypt is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to delete VeraCrypt from your computer with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your PC, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and all around utility to clean your PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to Download Link
- download the setup by pressing the green DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to admire the program's interface and number of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good package of tools.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs button
5. All the applications installed on the PC will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of applications until you find VeraCrypt or simply click the Search field and type in "VeraCrypt". If it exists on your system the VeraCrypt application will be found automatically. Notice that when you click VeraCrypt in the list of applications, some data about the program is made available to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other people have about VeraCrypt, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the application you wish to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for VeraCrypt:
- The publisher is: http://www.idrix.fr/
- The uninstall string is: "C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt Setup.exe" /u
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will come up. accept the uninstall by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall VeraCrypt.
8. After removing VeraCrypt, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items that belong VeraCrypt that have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By removing VeraCrypt using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your system.
Your Windows system will remain clean, speedy and ready to serve you properly.
This page is not a piece of advice to remove VeraCrypt by IDRIX from your PC, we are not saying that VeraCrypt by IDRIX is not a good software application. This page only contains detailed info on how to remove VeraCrypt supposing you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-01-24 15:14:53.770