VeraCrypt is a Windows application. Read more about how to remove it from your computer. The Windows version was developed by A way to uninstall VeraCrypt from your computerIDRIX
. More info about IDRIX can be read here
. More data about the app VeraCrypt can be found at http://www.idrix.fr/
. The application is usually located in the C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt folder (same installation drive as Windows). The complete uninstall command line for VeraCrypt is C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt Setup.exe. VeraCrypt.exe is the VeraCrypt's main executable file and it takes approximately 1.45 MB (1516000 bytes) on disk.
The following executables are incorporated in VeraCrypt. They take 8.51 MB (8923264
bytes) on disk.
- VeraCrypt Format.exe (1.59 MB)
- VeraCrypt Setup.exe (5.48 MB)
- VeraCrypt.exe (1.45 MB)
This page is about VeraCrypt version 1.0
alone. Click on the links below for other VeraCrypt versions:
...click to view all...
VeraCrypt is an application released by IDRIX. Some computer users want to uninstall it. Sometimes this is troublesome because uninstalling this manually takes some advanced knowledge regarding PCs. One of the best EASY way to uninstall VeraCrypt is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to erase VeraCrypt from your PC with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows PC, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very potent uninstaller and all around tool to optimize your Windows computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to Download Link
- download the setup by pressing the DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to admire the program's design and wealth of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful program.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs tool
5. A list of the applications installed on the computer will appear
6. Navigate the list of applications until you find VeraCrypt or simply activate the Search feature and type in "VeraCrypt". If it is installed on your PC the VeraCrypt program will be found automatically. Notice that after you select VeraCrypt in the list , some information about the program is shown to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other people have about VeraCrypt, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the program you are about to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for VeraCrypt:
- The software company is: http://www.idrix.fr/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt Setup.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will come up. accept the uninstall by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall VeraCrypt.
8. After removing VeraCrypt, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Click Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items that belong VeraCrypt which have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling VeraCrypt with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry items, files or directories are left behind on your system.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to take on new tasks.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to uninstall VeraCrypt by IDRIX from your computer, we are not saying that VeraCrypt by IDRIX is not a good application for your computer. This page only contains detailed info on how to uninstall VeraCrypt supposing you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-06-19 15:02:15.660