VeraCrypt is a software application. This page is comprised of details on how to uninstall it from your PC. The Windows version was created by How to uninstall VeraCrypt from your systemIDRIX
. More information on IDRIX can be seen here
. You can get more details related to VeraCrypt at https://www.idrix.fr/
. VeraCrypt is commonly installed in the C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt directory, however this location can vary a lot depending on the user's option when installing the application. C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt Setup.exe is the full command line if you want to remove VeraCrypt. VeraCrypt.exe is the programs's main file and it takes approximately 5.60 MB (5867568 bytes) on disk.
VeraCrypt installs the following the executables on your PC, occupying about 50.25 MB (52688552
bytes) on disk.
- VeraCrypt Format.exe (5.60 MB)
- VeraCrypt Setup.exe (33.91 MB)
- VeraCrypt.exe (5.60 MB)
- VeraCryptExpander.exe (5.14 MB)
The information on this page is only about version 1.233
of VeraCrypt. You can find here a few links to other VeraCrypt versions:
...click to view all...
VeraCrypt is a program offered by IDRIX. Frequently, computer users want to erase this application. This can be easier said than done because performing this by hand requires some knowledge regarding removing Windows applications by hand. One of the best SIMPLE action to erase VeraCrypt is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to remove VeraCrypt with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows PC, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is one of the best uninstaller and general utility to take care of your Windows system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to Download Link
- download the setup by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and number of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful Windows optimizer.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the applications installed on your PC will be shown to you
6. Scroll the list of applications until you find VeraCrypt or simply click the Search field and type in "VeraCrypt". If it is installed on your PC the VeraCrypt program will be found automatically. Notice that when you select VeraCrypt in the list of apps, some information regarding the application is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). This explains the opinion other users have regarding VeraCrypt, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the app you wish to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for VeraCrypt:
- The software company is: https://www.idrix.fr/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt Setup.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will show up. accept the removal by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will remove VeraCrypt.
8. After uninstalling VeraCrypt, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items of VeraCrypt which have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing VeraCrypt with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your system.
Your Windows system will remain clean, speedy and ready to serve you properly.
The text above is not a recommendation to remove VeraCrypt by IDRIX from your PC, nor are we saying that VeraCrypt by IDRIX is not a good software application. This page only contains detailed instructions on how to remove VeraCrypt in case you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2018-08-26 00:34:13.367