VeraCrypt is a software application. This page is comprised of details on how to uninstall it from your PC. The Windows version was created by How to uninstall VeraCrypt from your systemIDRIX
. More information on IDRIX can be seen here
. You can get more details related to VeraCrypt at https://www.idrix.fr/
. VeraCrypt is commonly installed in the C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt directory, however this location can vary a lot depending on the user's option when installing the application. C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt Setup.exe is the full command line if you want to remove VeraCrypt. VeraCrypt.exe is the programs's main file and it takes approximately 5.60 MB (5867568 bytes) on disk.
VeraCrypt installs the following the executables on your PC, occupying about 50.25 MB (52688552
bytes) on disk.
- VeraCrypt Format.exe (5.60 MB)
- VeraCrypt Setup.exe (33.91 MB)
- VeraCrypt.exe (5.60 MB)
- VeraCryptExpander.exe (5.14 MB)
The information on this page is only about version 1.233
of VeraCrypt. You can find here a few links to other VeraCrypt versions:
...click to view all...
VeraCrypt is a program offered by IDRIX. Frequently, computer users want to erase this application. This can be easier said than done because performing this by hand requires some knowledge regarding removing Windows applications by hand. One of the best SIMPLE action to erase VeraCrypt is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to remove VeraCrypt with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows system, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and general tool to optimize your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and wealth of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good package of utilities.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs button
5. All the applications existing on the computer will be shown to you
6. Scroll the list of applications until you locate VeraCrypt or simply click the Search field and type in "VeraCrypt". The VeraCrypt program will be found automatically. After you click VeraCrypt in the list , the following data regarding the application is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other people have regarding VeraCrypt, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the program you are about to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for VeraCrypt:
- The web site of the application is: https://www.idrix.fr/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt Setup.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will show up. accept the removal by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will remove VeraCrypt.
8. After uninstalling VeraCrypt, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items of VeraCrypt which have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing VeraCrypt with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your system.
Your Windows system will remain clean, speedy and ready to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
The text above is not a recommendation to remove VeraCrypt by IDRIX from your PC, nor are we saying that VeraCrypt by IDRIX is not a good software application. This page only contains detailed instructions on how to remove VeraCrypt in case you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2018-08-26 00:34:13.367