You can find below detailed information on how to uninstall VeraCrypt for Windows. It is made by A way to uninstall VeraCrypt from your systemIDRIX
. More information about IDRIX can be found here
. More details about VeraCrypt can be seen at http://www.idrix.fr/
. VeraCrypt is commonly set up in the C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt directory, regulated by the user's option. The full command line for uninstalling VeraCrypt is C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt Setup.exe. Keep in mind that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you may get a notification for admin rights. VeraCrypt's main file takes around 1.91 MB (2003936 bytes) and is named VeraCrypt.exe.
The following executables are installed beside VeraCrypt. They occupy about 16.10 MB (16884608
bytes) on disk.
- VeraCrypt Format.exe (2.04 MB)
- VeraCrypt Setup.exe (10.53 MB)
- VeraCrypt.exe (1.91 MB)
- VeraCryptExpander.exe (1.62 MB)
The current page applies to VeraCrypt version 1.12
alone. For more VeraCrypt versions please click below:
...click to view all...
Several files, folders and registry data can not be deleted when you remove VeraCrypt from your PC.You will find in the Windows Registry that the following data will not be removed; remove them one by one using regedit.exe:
Use regedit.exe to delete the following additional registry values from the Windows Registry:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\VeraCrypt Format.exe
VeraCrypt is an application marketed by the software company IDRIX. Frequently, users try to erase it. This is easier said than done because uninstalling this manually takes some experience regarding removing Windows applications by hand. The best QUICK procedure to erase VeraCrypt is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: A way to delete VeraCrypt from your PC with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows PC, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is the best uninstaller and general utility to optimize your Windows computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to Download Link
- download the setup by clicking on the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and wealth of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful package of tools.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs tool
5. A list of the applications existing on the PC will be made available to you
6. Navigate the list of applications until you find VeraCrypt or simply activate the Search feature and type in "VeraCrypt". If it is installed on your PC the VeraCrypt application will be found automatically. When you select VeraCrypt in the list of applications, some information regarding the program is shown to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). This tells you the opinion other people have regarding VeraCrypt, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the application you want to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for VeraCrypt:
- The publisher is: http://www.idrix.fr/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt Setup.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will show up. Confirm the removal by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove VeraCrypt.
8. After removing VeraCrypt, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Click Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items of VeraCrypt which have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing VeraCrypt with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry items, files or folders are left behind on your PC.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to run without errors or problems.
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to remove VeraCrypt by IDRIX from your PC, we are not saying that VeraCrypt by IDRIX is not a good application for your PC. This text simply contains detailed info on how to remove VeraCrypt in case you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-08-14 09:57:26.590