This web page contains thorough information on how to remove VeraCrypt for Windows. It is written by How to uninstall VeraCrypt from your systemIDRIX
. Go over here
for more info on IDRIX. Please open https://www.idrix.fr/
if you want to read more on VeraCrypt on IDRIX's website. The application is often located in the C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt folder (same installation drive as Windows). The complete uninstall command line for VeraCrypt is C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt Setup.exe. The program's main executable file is titled VeraCrypt.exe and occupies 5.62 MB (5896240 bytes).
The executables below are part of VeraCrypt. They take about 50.60 MB (53054408
bytes) on disk.
- VeraCrypt Format.exe (5.63 MB)
- VeraCrypt Setup.exe (34.18 MB)
- VeraCrypt.exe (5.62 MB)
- VeraCryptExpander.exe (5.17 MB)
This info is about VeraCrypt version 1.23
alone. For more VeraCrypt versions please click below:
...click to view all...
Many files, folders and registry data will be left behind when you are trying to remove VeraCrypt from your PC.Folders that were left behind:
The files below were left behind on your disk by VeraCrypt's application uninstaller when you removed it:
Usually the following registry keys will not be removed:
Open regedit.exe to remove the values below from the Windows Registry:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\VeraCrypt Format.exe
VeraCrypt is an application offered by the software company IDRIX. Some users decide to remove this application. Sometimes this is efortful because uninstalling this manually requires some knowledge regarding removing Windows applications by hand. One of the best SIMPLE solution to remove VeraCrypt is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to uninstall VeraCrypt from your computer with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your system, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very potent uninstaller and all around tool to optimize your system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to Download Link
- download the program by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to get familiar with the program's interface and number of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good system utility.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs tool
5. A list of the applications installed on the computer will be made available to you
6. Scroll the list of applications until you locate VeraCrypt or simply activate the Search feature and type in "VeraCrypt". If it is installed on your PC the VeraCrypt application will be found very quickly. After you select VeraCrypt in the list of applications, the following information regarding the program is available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other users have regarding VeraCrypt, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the app you wish to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for VeraCrypt:
- The publisher is: https://www.idrix.fr/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt Setup.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will appear. Confirm the removal by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove VeraCrypt.
8. After removing VeraCrypt, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Click Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items that belong VeraCrypt that have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling VeraCrypt with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your computer.
Your Windows system will remain clean, speedy and able to run without errors or problems.
The text above is not a recommendation to uninstall VeraCrypt by IDRIX from your computer, nor are we saying that VeraCrypt by IDRIX is not a good application for your computer. This text simply contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall VeraCrypt supposing you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2018-09-13 19:16:31.157