This web page contains complete information on how to uninstall VeraCrypt for Windows. It is developed by How to uninstall VeraCrypt from your systemIDRIX
. More info about IDRIX can be seen here
. You can see more info on VeraCrypt at http://www.idrix.fr/
. The application is frequently found in the C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt folder. Take into account that this path can differ depending on the user's choice. The full command line for removing VeraCrypt is C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt Setup.exe. Note that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you might get a notification for admin rights. VeraCrypt.exe is the programs's main file and it takes around 1.93 MB (2022880 bytes) on disk.
The executables below are part of VeraCrypt. They occupy about 21.27 MB (22304040
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- VeraCrypt Format-x86.exe (1.83 MB)
- VeraCrypt Format.exe (2.05 MB)
- VeraCrypt Setup.exe (10.66 MB)
- VeraCrypt-x86.exe (1.70 MB)
- VeraCrypt.exe (1.93 MB)
- VeraCryptExpander-x86.exe (1.47 MB)
- VeraCryptExpander.exe (1.62 MB)
This data is about VeraCrypt version 1.14
only. Click on the links below for other VeraCrypt versions:
...click to view all...
If you are manually uninstalling VeraCrypt we suggest you to check if the following data is left behind on your PC.Folders remaining:
You will find in the Windows Registry that the following data will not be uninstalled; remove them one by one using regedit.exe:
Open regedit.exe in order to remove the following values:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\VeraCrypt Format.exe
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt.exe
VeraCrypt is a program by the software company IDRIX. Sometimes, users try to uninstall this program. This can be efortful because performing this by hand requires some knowledge regarding PCs. One of the best QUICK way to uninstall VeraCrypt is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to remove VeraCrypt with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows PC, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and all around utility to take care of your Windows system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to Download Link
- download the setup by clicking on the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and number of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful system optimizer.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the programs existing on your PC will be made available to you
6. Scroll the list of programs until you find VeraCrypt or simply activate the Search field and type in "VeraCrypt". If it is installed on your PC the VeraCrypt app will be found very quickly. Notice that when you click VeraCrypt in the list of programs, some information regarding the application is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other users have regarding VeraCrypt, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the program you are about to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for VeraCrypt:
- The web site of the program is: http://www.idrix.fr/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt Setup.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will show up. accept the removal by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove VeraCrypt.
8. After uninstalling VeraCrypt, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Press Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items that belong VeraCrypt that have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing VeraCrypt using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your system.
Your system will remain clean, speedy and ready to take on new tasks.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to uninstall VeraCrypt by IDRIX from your PC, we are not saying that VeraCrypt by IDRIX is not a good application for your computer. This page simply contains detailed info on how to uninstall VeraCrypt supposing you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-07-10 19:28:28.420