VeraCrypt is a Windows program. Read more about how to uninstall it from your computer. The Windows version was created by A guide to uninstall VeraCrypt from your systemIDRIX
. Take a look here
for more information on IDRIX. Click on http://www.idrix.fr/
to get more data about VeraCrypt on IDRIX's website. VeraCrypt is usually installed in the C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt directory, however this location can vary a lot depending on the user's choice when installing the program. You can remove VeraCrypt by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt Setup.exe. Keep in mind that you might get a notification for admin rights. VeraCrypt.exe is the VeraCrypt's main executable file and it takes about 1.64 MB (1716192 bytes) on disk.
VeraCrypt contains of the executables below. They occupy 12.87 MB (13500184
bytes) on disk.
- VeraCrypt Format.exe (1.77 MB)
- VeraCrypt Setup.exe (8.05 MB)
- VeraCrypt.exe (1.64 MB)
- VeraCryptExpander.exe (1.42 MB)
This data is about VeraCrypt version 1.11
alone. You can find below a few links to other VeraCrypt versions:
...click to view all...
VeraCrypt is a program released by the software company IDRIX. Sometimes, computer users try to erase this application. Sometimes this is hard because performing this manually requires some advanced knowledge regarding Windows program uninstallation. One of the best SIMPLE practice to erase VeraCrypt is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: A way to delete VeraCrypt from your computer with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows system, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is an efficient uninstaller and general tool to maximize the performance of your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit Download Link
- download the setup by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to get familiar with the program's interface and number of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good system optimizer.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs button
5. All the programs existing on the PC will be made available to you
6. Scroll the list of programs until you locate VeraCrypt or simply activate the Search field and type in "VeraCrypt". If it exists on your system the VeraCrypt application will be found automatically. After you select VeraCrypt in the list , the following data regarding the application is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). This explains the opinion other people have regarding VeraCrypt, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the application you wish to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for VeraCrypt:
- The publisher is: http://www.idrix.fr/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt Setup.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will come up. accept the removal by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then remove VeraCrypt.
8. After uninstalling VeraCrypt, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items of VeraCrypt that have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing VeraCrypt with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your disk.
Your computer will remain clean, speedy and able to run without errors or problems.
This page is not a recommendation to remove VeraCrypt by IDRIX from your PC, nor are we saying that VeraCrypt by IDRIX is not a good application for your computer. This text simply contains detailed instructions on how to remove VeraCrypt in case you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2019-06-30 09:20:08.760