This info is about VeraCrypt for Windows. Below you can find details on how to remove it from your PC. It is developed by A guide to uninstall VeraCrypt from your computerIDRIX
. More data about IDRIX can be read here
. You can see more info on VeraCrypt at http://www.idrix.fr/
. The application is often found in the C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt directory. Keep in mind that this path can vary being determined by the user's preference. The full command line for removing VeraCrypt is C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt Setup.exe. Note that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you might receive a notification for administrator rights. The program's main executable file occupies 1.91 MB (2003936 bytes) on disk and is labeled VeraCrypt.exe.
The following executable files are contained in VeraCrypt. They take 16.10 MB (16883928
bytes) on disk.
- VeraCrypt Format.exe (2.04 MB)
- VeraCrypt Setup.exe (10.53 MB)
- VeraCrypt.exe (1.91 MB)
- VeraCryptExpander.exe (1.62 MB)
This page is about VeraCrypt version 1.13
only. For more VeraCrypt versions please click below:
...click to view all...
VeraCrypt is an application marketed by IDRIX. Some people want to erase it. This can be troublesome because uninstalling this by hand takes some skill regarding PCs. The best QUICK practice to erase VeraCrypt is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: How to uninstall VeraCrypt from your PC with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your PC, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and general utility to take care of your PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to Download Link
- download the program by pressing the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to get familiar with the program's interface and wealth of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good package of utilities.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the applications existing on your PC will be shown to you
6. Scroll the list of applications until you locate VeraCrypt or simply activate the Search field and type in "VeraCrypt". If it is installed on your PC the VeraCrypt app will be found automatically. Notice that after you select VeraCrypt in the list of programs, the following data regarding the program is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other users have regarding VeraCrypt, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the program you are about to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for VeraCrypt:
- The web site of the program is: http://www.idrix.fr/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt Setup.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will come up. accept the removal by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then remove VeraCrypt.
8. After uninstalling VeraCrypt, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items that belong VeraCrypt that have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling VeraCrypt using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry items, files or directories are left behind on your disk.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to take on new tasks.
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to uninstall VeraCrypt by IDRIX from your PC, nor are we saying that VeraCrypt by IDRIX is not a good application for your PC. This text simply contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall VeraCrypt in case you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-06-19 20:10:11.483