This web page contains thorough information on how to remove VeraCrypt for Windows. The Windows release was developed by A way to uninstall VeraCrypt from your computerIDRIX
. Check out here
where you can read more on IDRIX. More information about the software VeraCrypt can be found at https://www.idrix.fr/
. VeraCrypt is typically installed in the C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt folder, but this location may differ a lot depending on the user's option when installing the application. The full command line for removing VeraCrypt is C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt Setup.exe. Keep in mind that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you may receive a notification for admin rights. VeraCrypt.exe is the VeraCrypt's primary executable file and it occupies around 5.34 MB (5600400 bytes) on disk.
The executable files below are installed beside VeraCrypt. They take about 63.21 MB (66281192
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- VeraCrypt Format-x86.exe (6.68 MB)
- VeraCrypt Format.exe (5.35 MB)
- VeraCrypt Setup.exe (28.02 MB)
- VeraCrypt-x86.exe (6.64 MB)
- VeraCrypt.exe (5.34 MB)
- VeraCryptExpander-x86.exe (6.28 MB)
- VeraCryptExpander.exe (4.89 MB)
The information on this page is only about version 1.213
of VeraCrypt. You can find here a few links to other VeraCrypt releases:
...click to view all...
VeraCrypt is an application by the software company IDRIX. Frequently, computer users decide to uninstall this program. Sometimes this is hard because deleting this manually takes some skill related to PCs. The best EASY solution to uninstall VeraCrypt is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: A way to erase VeraCrypt with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your system, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is one of the best uninstaller and all around tool to optimize your computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to Download Link
- download the setup by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and number of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good system optimizer.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Press the Uninstall Programs button
5. A list of the programs existing on the PC will be shown to you
6. Scroll the list of programs until you find VeraCrypt or simply click the Search field and type in "VeraCrypt". If it exists on your system the VeraCrypt program will be found automatically. When you select VeraCrypt in the list , some data about the program is available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). This tells you the opinion other users have about VeraCrypt, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the application you are about to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for VeraCrypt:
- The publisher is: https://www.idrix.fr/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt Setup.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will come up. Confirm the removal by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove VeraCrypt.
8. After removing VeraCrypt, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items that belong VeraCrypt that have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By removing VeraCrypt with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry items, files or directories are left behind on your disk.
Your Windows computer will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.
The text above is not a piece of advice to remove VeraCrypt by IDRIX from your PC, nor are we saying that VeraCrypt by IDRIX is not a good software application. This page simply contains detailed info on how to remove VeraCrypt in case you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2017-07-24 20:43:00.373