VeraCrypt is a computer program. This page holds details on how to uninstall it from your PC. It is made by How to uninstall VeraCrypt from your PCIDRIX
. Additional info about IDRIX can be seen here
. Further information about VeraCrypt can be found at https://www.idrix.fr/
. The program is often installed in the C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt directory. Take into account that this location can vary being determined by the user's decision. You can uninstall VeraCrypt by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt Setup.exe. Keep in mind that you might get a notification for admin rights. VeraCrypt.exe is the VeraCrypt's main executable file and it occupies approximately 5.63 MB (5898400 bytes) on disk.
The executable files below are part of VeraCrypt. They occupy about 50.69 MB (53153248
bytes) on disk.
- VeraCrypt Format.exe (5.66 MB)
- VeraCrypt Setup.exe (34.24 MB)
- VeraCrypt.exe (5.63 MB)
- VeraCryptExpander.exe (5.17 MB)
The information on this page is only about version 1.24
of VeraCrypt. You can find below a few links to other VeraCrypt releases:
...click to view all...
Some files and registry entries are usually left behind when you remove VeraCrypt.Folders left behind when you uninstall VeraCrypt:
Check for and delete the following files from your disk when you uninstall VeraCrypt:
Use regedit.exe to manually remove from the Windows Registry the keys below:
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Data\1267\C\Users\UserName\Desktop\VeraCrypt - Free Open source disk encryption with strong security for the Paranoid.url
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Data\1267\C\Users\UserName\Desktop\VeraCrypt Setup 1.24(1).exe
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Data\1292\C\Users\UserName\Desktop\VeraCrypt - Free Open source disk encryption with strong security for the Paranoid.url
Open regedit.exe to delete the registry values below from the Windows Registry:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\VeraCrypt Format.exe
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt.exe.ApplicationCompany
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt.exe.FriendlyAppName
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCryptExpander.exe.ApplicationCompany
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCryptExpander.exe.FriendlyAppName
VeraCrypt is a program offered by IDRIX. Some computer users decide to uninstall this program. Sometimes this can be troublesome because uninstalling this by hand takes some know-how regarding Windows internal functioning. One of the best EASY way to uninstall VeraCrypt is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to delete VeraCrypt from your PC with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your system, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and general utility to maximize the performance of your system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to Download Link
- download the program by pressing the green DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to get familiar with the program's design and wealth of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good Windows tool.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the programs installed on your computer will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you find VeraCrypt or simply click the Search field and type in "VeraCrypt". If it is installed on your PC the VeraCrypt program will be found very quickly. When you click VeraCrypt in the list of programs, some data regarding the application is made available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other people have regarding VeraCrypt, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the application you want to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for VeraCrypt:
- The web site of the program is: https://www.idrix.fr/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt Setup.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will appear. accept the uninstall by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will remove VeraCrypt.
8. After removing VeraCrypt, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items of VeraCrypt which have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling VeraCrypt using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your computer.
Your Windows computer will remain clean, speedy and able to run without errors or problems.
The text above is not a recommendation to remove VeraCrypt by IDRIX from your computer, nor are we saying that VeraCrypt by IDRIX is not a good application for your PC. This page simply contains detailed info on how to remove VeraCrypt supposing you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2019-10-08 17:52:54.743