VeraCrypt is a Windows program. Read more about how to uninstall it from your computer. It is written by A guide to uninstall VeraCrypt from your systemIDRIX
. You can find out more on IDRIX or check for application updates here
. You can see more info about VeraCrypt at http://www.idrix.fr/
. Usually the VeraCrypt program is found in the C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt directory, depending on the user's option during setup. The full command line for uninstalling VeraCrypt is C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt Setup.exe. Keep in mind that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you might be prompted for admin rights. The program's main executable file is labeled VeraCrypt.exe and its approximative size is 3.00 MB (3143112 bytes).
VeraCrypt is comprised of the following executables which occupy 30.19 MB (31655992
bytes) on disk:
...click to view all...
- VeraCrypt Format-x86.exe (2.83 MB)
- VeraCrypt Format.exe (3.05 MB)
- VeraCrypt Setup.exe (13.35 MB)
- VeraCrypt-x86.exe (2.76 MB)
- VeraCrypt.exe (3.00 MB)
- VeraCryptExpander-x86.exe (2.52 MB)
- VeraCryptExpander.exe (2.68 MB)
This web page is about VeraCrypt version 1.185
alone. Click on the links below for other VeraCrypt versions:
...click to view all...
VeraCrypt is a program by IDRIX. Some users want to remove this application. Sometimes this can be troublesome because removing this manually requires some experience regarding Windows internal functioning. The best SIMPLE action to remove VeraCrypt is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: A way to uninstall VeraCrypt with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows PC, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is one of the best uninstaller and general utility to optimize your Windows system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to Download Link
- download the program by pressing the green DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to get familiar with the program's design and number of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful program.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the applications installed on your PC will appear
6. Navigate the list of applications until you find VeraCrypt or simply click the Search field and type in "VeraCrypt". The VeraCrypt app will be found very quickly. Notice that when you click VeraCrypt in the list of apps, some data regarding the program is shown to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). This explains the opinion other people have regarding VeraCrypt, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the program you wish to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for VeraCrypt:
- The web site of the application is: http://www.idrix.fr/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt Setup.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will appear. Confirm the removal by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will remove VeraCrypt.
8. After uninstalling VeraCrypt, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Press Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items of VeraCrypt that have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By removing VeraCrypt with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your disk.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and able to serve you properly.
The text above is not a piece of advice to remove VeraCrypt by IDRIX from your PC, nor are we saying that VeraCrypt by IDRIX is not a good application for your PC. This page simply contains detailed instructions on how to remove VeraCrypt supposing you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2019-01-06 21:01:24.383